Borbets

Jared-One

I had some genuine borbet a 16" on my mk3 golf and there was a part number on the back of one of the spokes, that should be a good sign, plus I think the 15s are copies?! I might be wrong but im sure borbet only made these in 16"

Hope this helps!

8J ET15 Will poke well past the archs so the archs will need some modifications :( the offset at ET15 is way to low for me only way you going to get away with no arch rolling modifications is strech tyre and a offset close to the OEM VW ET38 ET42 :)

Edited by audiocandy

8J ET15 Will poke well past the archs so the archs will need some modifications :( the offset at ET15 is way to low for me only way you going to get away with no arch rolling modifications is strech tyre and a offset close to the OEM VW ET38 ET42 :)

All arch rolling is, is getting the lip bent up round is that right of do you need to flare the arch slightly?

All arch rolling is, is getting the lip bent up round is that right of do you need to flare the arch slightly?

Yes all depends how agresive you are with the roll on archs and how low you wish to go :)rolloing inwards flat so looks like one sheet metal ,,but not the entire arch will need a role only the part that tyre cuts in can test turning parked with a friend or ive seen others roll out to get a flair but if the wheels poke past the archs not much point im afraid :( Maybe some camber and strech on tyres may help. I had these guys do mine on last motor http://www.archenemy.co.uk/

I wouldnt say from the pics looks like that much of a poke not that bad but bit of advice have a spare set of rims for MOT as any wheel that passes the wheel arch will fail :(

Edited by audiocandy

Looks good man but yeah my wheels are 15x8 et10 and I'm running 185/45/15s 2sets of camber shims on the back and rolled and flared arches just to give you an idea of what you might need to do. Also arch rolling wise I think Devon dub shack have an arch roller you can hire or he can do it for you ...

Looks good man but yeah my wheels are 15x8 et10 and I'm running 185/45/15s 2sets of camber shims on the back and rolled and flared arches just to give you an idea of what you might need to do. Also arch rolling wise I think Devon dub shack have an arch roller you can hire or he can do it for you ...

Props to the message just heads up he owns non GTI hence the lack of wider flared arches as standard :(

Edited by audiocandy

They are looking nice :) a little arch rolling and you will be spot on. You should be okay as long as your wheel isn't showing and your tyre covers it etc (just what I’ve been told, so i have my tyres stretched on), our Miata has quite big spacing on the rear wheels so pokes out a little and we haven't had any issues

Yes all depends how agresive you are with the roll on archs and how low you wish to go :)rolloing inwards flat so looks like one sheet metal ,,but not the entire arch will need a role only the part that tyre cuts in can test turning parked with a friend or ive seen others roll out to get a flair but if the wheels poke past the archs not much point im afraid :( Maybe some camber and strech on tyres may help. I had these guys do mine on last motor http://www.archenemy.co.uk/

I wouldnt say from the pics looks like that much of a poke not that bad but bit of advice have a spare set of rims for MOT as any wheel that passes the wheel arch will fail :(

Not true im afraid, only solid rule to fail mot is shatp protrusions, theres nothing sharp about rubber, but theres is a limit, over an inch and thats taking the p##s

Just wondering if 165/45 r15 would be to insane or not I've seen how it looks on tyrestretch.com but it doesn't look very safe any one had experiences with 8j and these tyres?

Would be stupid, do you even need that much stretch?