Sam's Black Lupo

Sam Howell

Hello, just bought my first Lupo, waited a while to find a nice clean low mileage Sport.

I have 3 weeks until it is on the road so I am going to be doing a lot of small things to it before; So far I have been looking at peoples Lupo's trying to think of a few ideas.

Anyway I'm open for peoples ideas and opinions on what I should and shouldn't do, I have a huge list of what I want to do but as you can imagine and probably relate to the list is continually changing.

It already has stubby mirrors which Is something that I was planning on doing in the future.

Anyway here are the first pictures of it which I took today, unfortunately not the best quality.

IMAG0119_zpsbab3917c.jpg

IMAG0116_zps5cdcc231.jpg

IMAG0122_zps6b723cc3.jpg

IMAG0121_zps9a30844c.jpg

Looks tidy, what's the plans so far?

Thanks :). Well I am going to be doing a lot of small things until payday haha. Small things such as de-badge the Lupo 16v, Side bump strips removal, sourcing nice material to do headlining and rear pillars. Once payday arrives I will be ordering coilovers, still deciding what else as I only got the car yesterday; but thinking a decat manifold would be worth having. Then a nice set of wheels which is something I cannot decide on at the moment!

Nice buy dude, clean base to work with! Coilovers, some shiny wheels and you're onto a winner. Just keep it polished, black looks really deep unlike most other loop colours

Cheers, its got a few little marks in places but nothing that cant be sorted. Will need some help deciding wheels I think.. But I have been looking at fifteen 52 snowflakes, but that wont be for a while.

WIll be a lot cleaner by the end of the day I hope with a few more bits done! I shall update the page tonight.

I love snowflakes....Shame I can't afford them!

Yeah ever since I saw them on a black Lupo I wanted them! I cant afford them at the moment; wheels aren't the most important at the moment as I have a set of vw estoril alloys that were on my polo, which will be refurbished before being put on the Lupo.

Anyway I took the bump strips after a few hours of constant peeling. Unfortunately the paint work underneath is a little poor, so I have already bought adhesive foam to the strips back on; is very annoying but it doesn't bother me too much.

I have ordered a number or minor items such as Team Heko wind deflectors, orange panel indicators, aerial gasket, yellow fog light film and dodo juice wax with some polish also.

Once payday arrives I will be ordering a lot more :thumbup:

Just realised you where in Maidstone. Welcome along. We have a meet at Bluewater every month. The next one is on 25th at 8pm

It is opposite M & S in the multi storey car park. Ground floor.

Awesome, thanks for the invite. I'm not insured on the Lupo until the 10th of February unfortunately, but I will definitely be able to go to the one the month after!

So after a little while waiting I have received some stuff.

Team Heko Wind Deflectors, Number plate surrounds, Chrome indicators (Clear bulbs came on the Lupo for whatever reason), air freshner, touch up paint, orange side indicators and aerial base. This weekend I get paid so coilovers will be ordered! Will also be deciding if I order the Whiteline rear arb..

IMAG0148_zps2cca7bef.jpg

IMAG0125_zps35618f0f.jpg

I will upload photos of It all polished and parts fitted tonight!

Edited by Sam Howell

Finally got my car insured yesterday, gearbox linkage mount snapped after 20 miles. Doesn't cost a lot to get fixed but what hassle it is, whoever put the mount on before I bought it forgot to fit one bolt, which is the reason for it snapping!

Looks smart mate, love little sports got red one myself.. never thought about number plate surrounds, where you get them and how much???

Also what you doing to your old sport wheels???

Thanks, just looked at yours. Looks nice, the numberplate surrounds are from here http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/lupo/autohaus-wolfsburg-abt-number-plate-surround

if you are going to buy them then you have to buy 2 (some people didn't realise)

Unfortunately they are just sitting in my garage and will be for a while I suppose. Thinking about selling them to make some room though as I wont need them now.

Cheers mate, going to finally spruce it back up tomorrow picked up a lot of dirt lately. There pretty good cost wise 2 for a tenna makes it even more tempting..

Well if your looking at selling them, i may be interested as mine are in a state, got this weird stuff on then and dosent seem to wanna come off. could do with some better looking ones, and going to states in summer so no point spending alot on some decent aftermarkets

Cheers mate, going to finally spruce it back up tomorrow picked up a lot of dirt lately. There pretty good cost wise 2 for a tenna makes it even more tempting..

Well if your looking at selling them, i may be interested as mine are in a state, got this weird stuff on then and dosent seem to wanna come off. could do with some better looking ones, and going to states in summer so no point spending alot on some decent aftermarkets

My car looks filthy as soon as I drive it unfortunately due to it being black :( Yeah they are a nice little touch to the car I thought, everyone notices them also!

Okay mate well I can always take a few photos of them and send them across once they are clean. I have always liked the standard wheels but as I am going to do the g60 brake conversion on the front unfortunately 14's wont fit over the callipers :(

A lot of folk with dubs seem to get those Autohaus Wolfburg surrounds. I got mine off ebay from a seller in Latvia who sells all sorts of different surounds. They have a VW logo with VOLKSWAGEN beside it at the bottom instead of Autohaus Wolfsburg etc.

£9.99 for a pair including postage, quick delivery too, very pleased with them.

Oh and lupo looking tidy with the coils! Personally not very keen on the black alloy to black shell combo though.

Edited by sam_vr6

I only bought the Wolfburg surround after realising mine was built in Wolfburg haha :)

Thanks mate, yeah plenty of people have said to me today they don't like the wheels in general unfortunately. But as they sat in my garage for a while with new tyres on I thought it was time to get them on the lupo. Unsure on what to do with them to be honest; would like to refurbish them again and in a different colour but what colour!?

Yellow? Always goes well with black.

White could work but then they'll get dirty really easily.

Think yellow may make the car look cheap? there is a rather lot of surface area on them so they really do stand out. I was thinking of buying some bmw bbs wheels and painting them dark purple.. not sure yet though

My car looks filthy as soon as I drive it unfortunately due to it being black :( Yeah they are a nice little touch to the car I thought, everyone notices them also!

Okay mate well I can always take a few photos of them and send them across once they are clean. I have always liked the standard wheels but as I am going to do the g60 brake conversion on the front unfortunately 14's wont fit over the callipers :(

Yea looking at some now, just noticed that some have Audi emblem on as well as VW one, defiantly going for these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-Wolfsburg-Number-Plate-Surrounds-X-2-GTI-R32-/150852543278?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item231f83232e with just VW emblem on same price to

mate that would be brill if you could do that, what are they like, like whats the state of them they pretty good?? Save a hell of a lot trying to post them too as live In Kent too so can easily pick em up if end up buying...