Fox Lowering Help

Howells01

I have recently fitted coilovers to my car that have dropped it 60mm, but that isn't low enough for me. I have heard online that you can swap the coilover springs for new lowering springs/shorter springs to make it lower. Is this true?

Can you replace these springs with new and shorter springs (lowering springs) to make the car lower:

IMG_06491_zps17e150ee.jpg

The springs look a bit weird cos the wheels are on full lock left so I could take a pic.

Please help, thanks.

if you look at the picture there is a blue platic ring with a spring that is under full compression under it, take the coilover apart and remove it,would go a fair bit lower

Looks like it's fully compressed all the time there so if anything it may actually improve the ride slightly. Either way, it's safe. You can get custom springs made but you need to know your spring rates etc.

If you fitted them yourself you have the tools. Just take them off, take them apart & put them back together again without the helpers. Bish bash bosh.

Remove the helper spring (the compressed one) and unwind to desired height. Beware that you can only go so low before your anti roll bar starts rubbing on your driveshaft therefore making it impossible to drive. But as said above cable ties helped me get around this and im dropped roughly 120mm all round on stock 14 inch alloys. Hope this helps.

I just asked for them to remove the helper spring. The mechanic said he'd do it but it's not advised. I was thinking of just removing the adjusters instead of the helpers, as that seems safer haha.

I don't want to go super low, so I won't be having any rubbing on the driveshaft problems. I'm putting 16s on within the next couple of weeks so I'll only be going as low as the top of the tyre. I should be fine. It just needs that extra 10-15mm drop.