My VW Fox

Howells01

This is my VW Fox which has just been fitted with coilovers.

It has only been lowered by 50mm for now, but that was just to make sure the ride was comfortable and to see if anything rubbed. On thursday I will drop it another 20mm front and back.

IMG_06201_zps31787415.jpg

It drives so much better than it used to, feels like a completely different car. Can't wait to drop it another 20mm. It definitely needs it as well.

Edited by Howells01

Looking great so far! The lower you go the more comfort you will sacrifice. As i know very well with my fox. Also after a certain drop the anti roll bar will start to rub on the drivers side drive shaft.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be getting tyres at the end of this month. Was stuck on whether to get 165/40s and just go for some mega stretch or just go with 195/40s. Decided to go with 195/40s as I love how nimble and agile the car has become since I've fitted coilovers; super stretched tyres wouldn't allow me to do that, as I've been told. Plus, I think 195s will give it a nice look from behind. low and wide lol.

24 pages! Arsed reading it all!

Looks good on 17s actually, think i've realised what it is I don't like about bigger wheels on cars such as golfs.......The golf shell is longer horizontally and shorter vertically. Whereas the lupo/fox is quite a tall shell but not as long. The taller body makes the bigger wheels work I think whereas on a golf the "wheel to height ratio" is much smaller.

As I said a few days ago when I joined this forum i've never really been much of a lupo guy in the past (although I love vws). I love cars such as golf/corrado/mk2 jetta and e30/e36/e46 etc bmws. DEFO prefer smaller cars though over big beasts like 7 series, x5, cayenne, range rover etc. Too much weight! Problem with super small cars though is it's difficult to stick a v6/v8 etc in it!

Edited by sam_vr6

I had 17s tested on mine looked the **** lol 16s gonna give way to much gap since coilovers dont go down enough :S and you can slam it as much as you want on 17s if its done right haha. my lupos on 16s and it sits lower than alot of 15s do

Edited by Sammy Lupo