Old K.A or Volkswagen Lupo

zeelupo

I actually like the look of a Ka when lowered, shame you see so many with rusty arches and around the fuel filler

lupo , kas rust around the petrol cap , arches , windscreen at the bottom , door sills , in fact the only thing that dont rust is the bumpers cause there plastic buy with caution anything below 52 plate forget it and just get a lupo :)

Used to own a KA, one good point about them is there low maintenance and chain driven and probably cheaper insurance then the lupo

The KA in Sammy Lupos pic looks good, the white one is alright too, but the 'average' KA is not a nice looking car, whereas a Lupo which is standard looks quite good.

Edited by booble

The KA in Sammy Lupos pic looks good, the white one is alright too, but the 'average' KA is not a nice looking car, whereas a Lupo which is standard looks quite good.

In parts my brothers KA I cant even add up. arches are good 400 quid wheel are a good 500 too let alone the shell, engine, exhaust system, interior bits. cost alot to make a KA look nice lol where as a lupo you can literally just whack coilovers on and it looks half decent

• Like 1

My old ka.... Imo this handled much better then my arosa sport.

Bloody loved the thing!

A Ford Ka does have better handling than a Lupo.

Really suprised me when I drove one.

If i was you id see which was cheaper to insure and pick that one.

For a decent Lupo, they are over 1k, for a rubbish one about £700

Just get a rubbish ka for a year or two, build some ncd and then get something different.

Thats the common sense route.

Edited by Zulley

KAs a good little cars. Supremely chuckable but totally gutless engines. Far better handling in standard form than any Lupo (bar maybe the GTI).

As mentioned though, the issue is rust. Rust, more rust and lots more rust. Lupo's aren't immune though. Mine's going on the roof, a bit of bubbling on one of the rear arches and a bit around the tailgate handle. Nothing structural though which is the problem with the KA. It's all structural. Sills esspecially.

The KA engine is a 1.3 block from the stone age. It's reasonably economical but terribly slow. Simple to work on though. The engine range in the Lupo is far more modern and atleast there is a choice. The 1.6 from the sport KA is a better, more modern engine but commands a higher price tag for both car purchase and insurance.

Interior on the KA is very basic. It's very dated, although a comfy place to be. The Lupo far excells in this area with a very nice, modern interior.

Personally I would go for the Lupo out of the two but it's down to personal preference. Both are good cars in their own ways.

• 5 months later...

Sorry but the ka's in the pictures people were putting on we're horrible lol, I like the concept of the 1.7 puma in the k.a because obviously it is fast as f***, but they are horrendous looking cars , and the more work you do the more tacky they look lol , I'm sorry if I've offended anyone :) but IMO they aren't even in the same league as the Lupo