remap

stewwy_94

:lol: I had a 1L at the time and a spare 100 quid so it was no big deal, and it just made it a little more bearable.

I mainly had it done just to see, I was under no illusion it was going to turn it in to a wheel spinning monster :lol: only stage one after all ;)

What's the % margin of error on the dyno though?

That doesn't matter. If it was 10% over reading, then the BASE FIGURE would be 10% up as well as the end result. I seem to recall the car started with 49hp and ended up with 55hp.

As Luke said, It was done to 'see what it would actually do'.

Would never do it as a production thing as the gains just don't warrant the price they would require...

On the other hand, You only see 6-10hp from a Stage 1 / Phase 1 / Generic remap on an R32 Mk4! Any company that tells you otherwise is just lying.

We had a 7hp gain on a Lupo 1.4 16v (75hp) just by removing the carpet mat that had worked it's way up the footwell and under the throttle pedal!

Edited by nfbr

We had a 7hp gain on a Lupo 1.4 16v (75hp) just by removing the carpet mat that had worked it's way up the footwell and under the throttle pedal!

Might try that one :D

That doesn't matter. If it was 10% over reading, then the BASE FIGURE would be 10% up as well as the end result. I seem to recall the car started with 49hp and ended up with 55hp.

!

Can the error margin not swing either way? As in its +\- 5% or whatever?

If you dyno'd the same car 100 times in a row would it give the same result every time ( assuming you cold keep temps etc constant)?