remap

stewwy_94

poor ol'thing.

im Gonna remove the carpet in mine soon. see how many holes I can find.

I can see the floor through the gaps in the carpet by the seat rail, an afternoon and some plate and noone will know..

My floor is fine, the problem is that I never bothered fitting door membranes and I hadn't opened it for two months till yesterday.

I've bought some stuff to make some now.

I guessed it was your door membranes, you mentioned something about soggy door cards somewhere.

mines just getting damp carpets which is eating the floor. it will be allreet when its done. il probably attempt a re scuttle sometime too

im just going at it, one issue at a time.

My door cards flap, they're that damp & mouldy.

It's a shame because I've got the red ultraviolet ones in it even though I sourced some driver ones ages ago.

I'm going to take a picture tomorrow.

I could call my company BigBlackDildos.com and not actually sell big black dildos. So I don't understand how sticking custom in your name changes anything...

All I can suggest is that you research the mars one programme and consider taking part...

No you wouldn't have to sell big black dildos but as a potential customer I'd at least expect you to sell big black dildos, it would be ironic if you only stocked little white dildos though, just in the same way calling your company custom code and selling generic maps !!!!

A remap is a remap, there are different ways to do that remap, generic, rolling road, in car live remap etc but there are as such no ****ing stages.

How very wrong you are...

A Stage 1 remap is designed around a standard car with no modifications. The ECU's self learning ability can re-adapt to minor modifications such as a sporty panel filter or a cat-back exhaust.

A Stage 2 remap is designed around a car which has had significant intake modifications such as a Cold air Intake system or Induction kit, and has had a full exhaust system including a Downpipe and De-cat or High flow sports cat if it's a turbo car, or either way Manifolds and cat, or just a high flow cat on a Naturally aspirated car

Some companies do Stage 2+ remaps, this is very similar to a Stage 2 map, but requires the addition of either Injectors or an uprated high pressure fuel pump, or any other component which is reaching it's limits and limiting the ultimate potential of the Stage 2 remap.

A Stage 3 remap is generally something which you only tend to see on turbocharged cars and normally requires upgrading of everything above, plus a specific larger turbo charger, pipework and intercooler upgrades and much much more.

Many people consider a custom remap to be the best thing in the world. Again, they are wrong. Lets take a Mk5 GTI for example; A decent remap from Revo will have spent anything between 60 and 300 hours on the dyno doing back to back testing and will have been done over two or three cars. People paying £250.00 for a custom remap that takes no more than a couple of hours are being ripped off. Unless you are paying for hundreds and hundreds of hours of mapping on the dyno, You'll probably never see as good, smooth, strong and reliable results as what you would get with an Off the shelf, generic remap from Revo / APR / GIAC etc.

At the end of the day, Your car came out of the factory with exactly the same generic map on it as what all other cars of that Make / Model / Engine Size / BHP came with, so custom mapping it only realistically required for extreme performance vehicles, for example where something is being done that has never been done before, Like strapping a turbo and supercharger and huge injectors/fuel pump on a 1.0 8v Arosa with high lift cam, 3" De-cat exhaust and a fully built bottom end and performance top end. This scenario is incredibly unlikely.

• Like 1

calling your company custom code and selling generic maps !!!!

LOL I was going to mention this, but didn't want that bell end Jamés Brádley Sîlverstone suing me for Slander... I personally think they should be called Generic Code.

Edited by nfbr

Nfbr base map defines better than stage, as a simple example would be exhaust manifolds, a 4-1 produces peak power and torque at a different rev range compared to a 4-2--1, how dies a generic stage map a count for this ????

It all comes under the same stage though !

If its a generic base map that accounts for some mods then it can be adjusted to suit

Edited by scotty_82

nfbr base map defines better than stage, as a simple example would be exhaust manifolds, a 4-1 produces peak power and torque at a different rev range compared to a 4-2--1, how dies a generic stage map a count for this ????

It all comes under the same stage though !

If its a generic base map that accounts for some mods then it can be adjusted to suit

Modern ECU's are self learning, and are connected to a variety of sensors. At the end of the day, your map is quite simply telling it what to do with fueling and ignition according to what these sensors are reading (obviously there's more than just that but those are the two key aspects) ; plus you virtually never get a stage 2 map for a naturally aspirated car.

He's going to sue you for calling him a bell end now.

I suppose you can't sue someone for telling the truth so I'm all OK ;)

I still stand by my statement that there's no real point mapping an NA car (unless you've seriously gone to town on it)

agreed unless there are some serious restrictions made by the original mapping or flaws.

For example, You'll spend a lot of money £350-£400 ish mapping a Mk4 Golf R32 for what on the dyno will probably only show 5bhp, However on the road when mapped (if done right) feel much nicer to drive and slightly stronger.

^^^^^^^^

Are you sharing his dumbness, define stages, point proven.

In the 1.8t land the stages are failry clearly defined, but the term stage doesn't refer to the map file, it refers to the state of tune as a whole.

Stage 1 - Remap the standard car

Stage 2 - FMIC, Downpipe, Decat, Turbo Inlet pipe, Filter

Stage 3 - Big turbo

But i agree, in the land of N/A there are so many different routes to take that there cannot be any stages as such, more a chosen path of righteousness.

I suppose stage 1 could be a map on a standard car (which on a 1.0L will probably see 0-1bhp and so shouldn't be classed as a 'stage')

Stage 2 would be full exhaust (inc manifold and decat), induction and cams (maybe 5bhp at the most)

Stage 3 could be anything, but probably throttle bodies or carbs (10-15bhp)

Then at stage 4 the world is your oyester! Turbo, supercharger etc

But as said, you can't just stick a stage 2 map on a standard car, as it would run like a dog. I bet there is not one tuning company in the world who holds a stage 2 map for a crappy 1.0 8v engine.

• Like 1

I suppose stage 1 could be a map on a standard car (which on a 1.0L will probably see 0-1bhp and so shouldn't be classed as a 'stage')

Mapped a 1 litre lupo a while back and managed to gain 6hp :D No other mods either...

Mapped a 1 litre lupo a while back and managed to gain 6hp :D No other mods either...

Then discovered the front door, went outside and to the bank, looked at bank balance and went

FU CK DID I REALLY JUST SPEND THAT MUCH MONEY ON 6HP FOR A 1.0?

Edited by VolkswagenDan

Was my 1L that was mapped, money well spent IMO, cost me around 100 quid iirc for what was essentially a custom map at the time.

Don't get me wrong it didn't set the world on fire bit it felt a lot better, was a bit better on fuel too.