remap

stewwy_94

Hahahaha this is a fantastic thread. Competition for the "dumbest thread of 2013" already.

You need to upgrade a lot of components for a "stage 2" remap let alone a stage three. But all these remaps are, are custom codes to get the most out of your engine tuned to these components. You can't just stick a stage 3 remap on there if you haven't got a decat, cam upgrade, clutch upgrade, etc.

Just buy a ****ing 1.4, and save yourself the money. It'll have about 25% (if not more) more power than your 1.0 ever will anyway.

Jesus Christ I don't want to live on this planet anymore

So why mention stages before

" You can't just stick a stage 3 remap on there if you haven't got a decat, cam upgrade, clutch upgrade, etc. "

I'm pretty sure there are stages. But it's a very loose term as different cars have different capabilities/mods available. It's just the idea of a 1l 8v being capable of, or even worth looking into a remap is quite comical.

It's classed as stages as they're pre done maps for the evolution of the engine with certain mods.

If I put on X air filter, Y exhaust and Z manifold with a set of XYZ cams does it require the same generic stage map as lesser quality Z air filter, X exhaust, Y manifold and ZYX cams???

I mean it's the same stage isn't it !!!!!!!

Stages don't work and never will

Stages don't work, never will, and regardless of that this guy probably doesn't have enough or any of these components on his car so it's a pointless discussion anyway.

If you've spent that much trying to squeeze 75bhp out of a 1.0 engine, you should have just opted for the 1.4.

I'm out

Edited by VolkswagenDan

Or just sell it and buy my arosa ...

123 bhp

'Stage 2 custom code remap'

Schrick cams

Lightened and balanced flywheel,

Ported head

LUK clutch

BMC cda

4-1 & ashley system

;)

Didn't the first gran turismo do remaps in stages.....

Is this where its from :-)

Er hello garage...I've been playing gran turismo on my playstation and I'd like a re-map to stage three please

Stages are everywhere, nearly every remap company lists their services in stages. Mr 82 is right though, the stages are ****. A proper custom remap made to the car is exactly what it says on the tin. Whether you have a standard or a modified car, it'll push for the most power available (up to a safe level (hopefully)) from the parts installed, whether original or aftermarket.

Many people assume that Stage 1, 2 and 3 refer to different remaps but i think its fairer to say the staging system represents the level of modification to your car at the time of the remap rather than the 'type' of remap being applied.

• Like 1

What makes it stage 2 and custom?

The quote 'custom' was used with 'custom code' the name of the company that remapped the car. As joe explains below stages are sh*t. Companies tend to use stages to 'fool' uneducated car modifiers I suppose so that they keep going back for the next stage. It's just a way of keeping people coming back for more hence giving the companies more business .

Stages are everywhere, nearly every remap company lists their services in stages. Mr 82 is right though, the stages are ****. A proper custom remap made to the car is exactly what it says on the tin. Whether you have a standard or a modified car, it'll push for the most power available (up to a safe level (hopefully)) from the parts installed, whether original or aftermarket.

Many people assume that Stage 1, 2 and 3 refer to different remaps but i think its fairer to say the staging system represents the level of modification to your car at the time of the remap rather than the 'type' of remap being applied.

The quote 'custom' was used with 'custom code' the name of the company that remapped the car. As joe explains below stages are sh*t. Companies tend to use stages to 'fool' uneducated car modifiers I suppose so that they keep going back for the next stage. It's just a way of keeping people coming back for more hence giving the companies more business .

The irony of getting a generic stage map from a company with custom in their name.

• Like 2