Wait there is some news about the Up! GT

lupo1.0se

Indeed! So when you're driving and hink "what's that knocking?", it's not a suspension bush gone, it's Alec Issigonis trying to say "check out the build quality in this German Mini".

Back on track, the Up! GT might spur Ford on to Abarth-ise the Ka. I can't understand why they haven't made a Ka ST already.

Indeed! So when you're driving and hink "what's that knocking?", it's not a suspension bush gone, it's Alec Issigonis trying to say "check out the build quality in this German Mini".

:lol:

...ask Mr ColinG, he's got one on order. "Ideal for parking at the bingo" he said.

Not ordered, they are not taking orders yet, release date has been pushed back to winter 2013, whenever that is??

Will need the Bingo wins to pay for it.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, it might be back on with the same engine going into the next gen Polo and the Golf.

If that engine is as good as Ford's 3 cylinder 1.0 offering, the tuning potential is deffo there. Must be an easy 120-130hp on a remap.

Yes, it might be back on with the same engine going into the next gen Polo and the Golf.

If that engine is as good as Ford's 3 cylinder 1.0 offering, the tuning potential is deffo there. Must be an easy 120-130hp on a remap.

Guess again, the Ford 3cyl was running over 200hp in full maximum attack mode, with the turbo off the 1.6 Ecoboost engine but standard internals.

Search Youtube for Chris Harris On Cars Ford Ecoboost to hear just how bloody mental a heavily turbo'd 3 sounds.

Another one here waiting to place my deposit. As a yorkshireman I feel like I should by an eUp.

Yeah the ford engine is mega, I think they've had more out of it as they're using that engine in this years formula fords!! I'm at brands on Friday so I'll try and grab some vids if any are there. (Sorry I know this isn't up related, just wanted to comment on the ecoboost as it's an exciting engine!!)

Guess again, the Ford 3cyl was running over 200hp in full maximum attack mode, with the turbo off the 1.6 Ecoboost engine but standard internals.

Search Youtube for Chris Harris On Cars Ford Ecoboost to hear just how bloody mental a heavily turbo'd 3 sounds.

Another one here waiting to place my deposit. As a yorkshireman I feel like I should by an eUp.

It was this that I was referring to from that road legal FF type thing they built, without going into the nitty gritty. But for those of us who like it easy, a 'simple' remap might give a healthy boost.

Can't stand Chris Harris. He's so, so,..... expertly up his own arse. And wordy.

• 1 month later...

emailed vw uk and they have no info on the car or if its being made

No-one on the Up! forum is any the wiser either! I know it was cancelled as vw didn't think there would be a market for it, but they have said that they will be using the engine from it in other models. Honest John seems to think its confirmed again, but at the dealership where I work, nobody has heard a thing! Shame really as the Up! is a great car!

• 2 years later...

Some news on this thread. he concept will be on display at Worthsee. Start of 2018 release (hopefully)

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/say-hello-to-the-new-vw-up-gti/

More pics here

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/volkswagen-up-gti-revealed-worthersee

Edited by lupo1.0se
spelling error

• 2 weeks later...