MY LUPO UPGRADE

LUPOCHARGED

This project started in late 2008 early 2009 and its still going. Bills, cost of living, and getting shafted with prices for car parts in the UK has made this project so slow but finally there is a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully before the end of the year this Lupo will be driving. First of was getting the subframe modded and a front cross member attached to the car to make it look like a MK3 Golf 16v/VR6 layout.1313003776263.jpg.1313003775933.jpg. Lupo Gti subframe cleaned up and ready for custom mods.1313003776464.jpg. Lupo Gti subframe with cups in each corner attached, then subframe was seam welded and powder coated.1313003776629.jpg. Mk3 Golf 16v/VR6 crossmember had to be cut to size to fit the smaller Lupo chassis.001frontcrossmemberbeforemodification.jp.002frontcrossmembermodifiedtofitlupo1.jp.It was then cleaned up and 2 L shaped brackets attached so it could be welded to the front of the car.DSC_0002.jpg.DSC_0004.jpg.DSC_0005.jpg.At the same time driver's side chassis rail was cut and boxed to clear all pulleys and passenger side chassis rail had a arch cut into it then boxed for future 6 speed box upgrade.DSC_0009.jpg.DSC_0013.jpg.DSC_0008.jpg.DSC_0012.jpg.DSC_0011.jpg.DSC_0010.jpg.Once i was happy that dummy engine and gearbox was sitting in the correct manner all panels were prepped, etched primed and resprayed Reflex Silver Metallic.020.jpg.019.jpg.018.jpgThat's it for the mean time. Next will be drive train mods until then enjoy the weekend.
Edited by LUPOCHARGED

Good morning members. The next part of my project will be driveshafts and hub conversion. The driver's side long driveshaft was the correct length i only needed to change the gearbox flange end to 100mm.017.jpg.016.jpg. The passenger side driveshaft is Mk3 golf 16v/vr6 gearbox end and Lupo sport hub end sleeved together and seam welded.026.jpg. Once i was happy with both driveshafts i started with the rear end hub conversion as that was a case of one of one on using Skoda Fabia Vrs parts.DSC_0136.jpg.DSC_0135.jpg.DSC_0137.jpg.DSC_0138-1.jpg.DSC_0139-1.jpg.DSC_0140.jpg.

The front end was not so straight forward after a few days spent on the interweb i got me a spare set of hubs from a Polo Gti 6N2 and had them remachined.DSC_0130.jpg.DSC_0129.jpg.DSC_0131.jpg. 3 of the 4 holes were plugged and then each hub was redrilled to 5x100. That's all for now. Have a good Sunday until the next installment.

Edited by LUPOCHARGED

well hello casper hope all is going well with your mods to and no way im i gonna give up just had some many things doing this year that the loops had to go on hold roll on 2013. Happy new year to you

• Like 1

Bigger OEM wheel choice, mega tuck potential through lack of adaptors. I'd love to do this.

Why the change to 5x100?

As Koop said more wheel variety. For me its more to do with wheel bolt size and security plus the extra wheel bolt to clamp my wheel to hub. Very easy to do if you can find yourself an engineering company. The rear end is simply skoda fabia vrs hub and disc. The front end is Lupo sport/Polo Gti re-worked.

Bigger OEM wheel choice, mega tuck potential through lack of adaptors. I'd love to do this.

If you want to do this you need to get yourself a spare set of hubs from Lupo sport or Polo Gti 6N2 and get them re-worked and the rear end is from Skoda Fabia Vrs Hubs and Discs.

• Like 1

DSC_0162.jpg.DSC_0161.jpg.DSC_0159.jpg.DSC_0158.jpg.DSC_0160.jpg.
After looking through my spares parts bin i found me some parts to make me a home made inlet manifold. Started with a Tfsi flange from Integrated Engineering, then a short stubby inlet from a passat 20v n/a, and a Golf 16v ABF upper inlet cut to size, 20v turbo fuel rail, and fuel injectors. This is the outcome so far. Off to the welders this weekend.

Edited by LUPOCHARGED

sweet nice to see you have got your self a exclusive build on your hands keep it up!!!!!

Thank you for your kind words. This will keep going till i'm up and driving:)

• 2 weeks later...

The braking department even though it was very good (280mm G60) set up more stopping power will be needed. Better to be safe than sorry. The master cylinder is from the Seat Ibiza Cupra 1999 to 2001 model year comes in handy for this conversion what with it been a stubby with 23mm cylinder all helps towards braking effort. HI-spec 300mmx28mm 2 piece discs and 4 pot calipers.035300mmbrakekitleftside.jpg.036300mmbrakekitrighthand.jpg.037300mmx28mmHiSpecbrakekit.jpg.alloybells2.jpg.alloybells1.jpg.031cupra2003stubby23mmmastercylinder.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

While i have a engine in my loops to get me up and running im also gonna build me a bullet proof bottom end so in the future i can put together a twin charge set up? :thumbup:

icon1.png

Even though i have an engine installed in the loops to get me up and running i thought it would be wise to build me a bullet proof short block for some more crazy plans that i have. So the ALT block is of to be bored and honed. While that is getting done here are the goodies waiting to be installed.DSC_0215.jpg.DSC_0217.jpg.DSC_0235_zps02776906.jpg.DSC_0236_zps9eb6e2fc.jpg

Edited by LUPOCHARGED

Superb quality work and skills there mate :thumbsup: . I noiticed you got the front Lupo hubs reworked from 4x100 to 5x100. Would you not be able to use 5x100 hubs from the 9n/9n3 Polo GT/GTi?

Kind Regards

Stuart

Awsome project, what size wheels are you going to run to clear the brakes?

Do you have a target HP tourqe in mind?

Will you be fitting an LSD to help with traction.