Sign in to follow this  
cherish5

R reg 1.0 - doesn't like starting...

Seat Arosa 1.0 R Reg Petrol - bought in October.

MOT'd Sept - advisory on handbrake - which has been corrected.

Service - new spark plugs, air filter, oil filter + new oil.

Gear linkege changed.

Anyhow, she is not fab at starting? And hasn't been since we got her, thought service would sort it... Took to garage and they changed the spark plugs as they were black after TWO days of use? They put her on the machine but no faults were found?

To start - it turns over but doesn't always kick in? I am a novice - first car etc and don't really know where to go from here...

Also, she is spluttery when driving, drinking lots of fuel and smells strongly of fuel, esp after filling up??

Any advice would be fab. Thank you

Seat Arosa 1.0 R Reg Petrol - bought in October.

MOT'd Sept - advisory on handbrake - which has been corrected.

Service - new spark plugs, air filter, oil filter + new oil.

Gear linkege changed.

Anyhow, she is not fab at starting? And hasn't been since we got her, thought service would sort it... Took to garage and they changed the spark plugs as they were black after TWO days of use? They put her on the machine but no faults were found?

To start - it turns over but doesn't always kick in? I am a novice - first car etc and don't really know where to go from here...

Also, she is spluttery when driving, drinking lots of fuel and smells strongly of fuel, esp after filling up??

Any advice would be fab. Thank you

I think you have found the problem maybe without realising it! The car is running too rich, that's why you've got problems starting, running smoothly, dirty plugs etc.

You need to investigate the fuel supply - it should be easy to find.

Edited by jpsh120
  • Like 1