Air bag light staying on momo!

mccrindle

Basically I've plugged resistor in to clockspring where airbag would have plugged in and when I turn ignition on it goes out and re-appears a few money's later.

Any ideas why this is?

Did you have the battery unplugged when you changed the when wheel?

A quick code clear will clear the problem, happened a couple of times to me, once I forgot to put the resistor in before turning the car in and then when the plug fell out of the standard wheel.

None of the above, you need a ten pence resistor to confuse it into thinking its still there, so that your system still works and no light on the dash just bridge the two wires with the resistor and voila... You may still need codes to be cleared as it will still be stored in ecu

None of the above, you need a ten pence resistor to confuse it into thinking its still there, so that your system still works and no light on the dash just bridge the two wires with the resistor and voila... You may still need codes to be cleared as it will still be stored in ecu

He's already put a resistor in. If it's the wrong resistor then the airbag would have went off. Surely all it needs is the codes reset.

if you put in the wrong resistor how can the airbag deploy when its removed?

i have done this to my lupo, removed all airbags and put resistors in, altho my wheel airbag fault keeps coming back after a few hours of driving. the wheel airbag must need a specific resistor unlike the passenger airbag as its worked fine