New here, A few questions about GTI

gargoil

Apparently 23.8 sec as tested by Autocar.

Think you mean the Dunlop S2000? The 8000 is being superceded by this tyre apparently.

Got a quote from local tyre garage of £118 a corner. Have heard you can get them for about £80 without too much trouble although I don't know where from as I haven't had to replace any of mine yet.

So, whatcha got? GTI? Colour? Any toys??

Welcome to the site, commendation too for a good choice of car. for tyres the best place seems to be http://www.mytyres.co.uk/Tyres.html though you can use that price to get your local fitter to come close.

for `0-100` it depends if your in the 5 speed or 6 speed versions, I’ll have a dig and see if there are any official figures from the drag racers among us, VW ones are 2 up with half a tank of fuel.

Got a 6 speed 52 plate Raven Blue GTI. Had it for 3 months now. Had a test drive of a 5 speed before buying and didn't think it was as good.

It's now got 25000 on the old clock as I've done 8000 miles already. I think the tyres I'm just sbout to get will be the 3rd set on the front. I'll have a look at my Tyres.co.uk

Well, I've got a 5 speed and I like it tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Not driven a 6 though so can't comment on the differences.

Mytyres is a good site, especially if you know a fitter. Not sure what the local tyre place would charge for fitting tyres you took in yourself. Probably wouldn't be that chuffed that you hadn't bought them there and charge you a premium.

Not as if many of the tyre places would have lupo gti rubber in stock anyway so most of them seem happy enough if you supply them and they fit them for you, easy £`10-15` for 20min work. Can get them delivered to you local fitter as well to save you lowering the back seats to cart them around.