Online Car Insurance Quote with Prestige Renewed! Modified & Standard Cars!

Tim@Prestige

Online Car Insurance Quote with Prestige Renewed! Modified & Standard Cars! 

We trialled this a few months ago. At the time, feedback from Tom ‘Gudzy’ of 350Z-uk was - ‘around 10% cheaper than my current policy....(and you were slightly more expensive than them when I took out my policy a few months ago).’

That’s great to hear AND we’ve also reduced the prices even more since the trialling (my quote went down by £200!) so we have now launched our online quote designed uniquely for the registered users of car clubs.

POSTSCRIPT! After officially launching this week, the first person to do an online quote and report back said ‘that actually worked out quite cheaply for me........will be bearing that in mind come renewal in a month’!

So please bookmark the following url and click on this unique link for the registered users of this car forum to get a quote at renewal -

(If you have more than 5 modifications or over 10% bhp increase, please ring us on 0800 3308057 or 0333 4001580)
Edited by Tim@Prestige
  • Like 18

what is insurance like with young drivers . we all have a bad name yet im sensible studying at sixth form going to uni . i dont want the price slapped on because the majority seems to be prejudiced by test ages go

what is insurance like with young drivers . we all have a bad name yet im sensible studying at sixth form going to uni . i dont want the price slapped on because the majority seems to be prejudiced by test ages go

Hi Fretwell

We cover anyone aged 19 or over. The issue with 17/18 year olds is that insurers pay out 100% of what they get in so premiums have to be much higher. I'm not saying everyone has an accident of course but it's based on premium income and claims expenditure.

I insured with Allen and Allen for my first car.

Since then my insurance has risen and risen. How is it that i pay more for my car insurance at 25 than i did at 19?

How do you compare to prices provided by comparison sites?

Hi covlupo

In terms of competing, we had our record month in October and already in December we have surpassed where we were at at this stage in October, so hopefully that bodes well. Also, please see just some of the latest feedback at www.carclubsinsurance.co.uk !

In terms of premiums increasing, premiums have risen consistently in the market for many years but I would say that with renewals on our scheme, we tend not to increase the price on what you paid last year so hopefully again that bodes well for the future :)

Hi Fretwell

We cover anyone aged 19 or over. The issue with 17/18 year olds is that insurers pay out 100% of what they get in so premiums have to be much higher. I'm not saying everyone has an accident of course but it's based on premium income and claims expenditure.

You mean in terms of paying out if they

had a hump ?hmm still im happy

if i could find insurance for under two grand ! so you guys cant do me an insurance policy ?

You mean in terms of paying out if they

had a hump ?hmm still im happy

if i could find insurance for under two grand ! so you guys cant do me an insurance policy ?

We can quote for 17/18 year olds but I think we'd be wasting your time.

Will you actually cover the modifications?

Hi Pete

Yes we cover them on a like for like basis :)

Congratulations to Chris Woodward of Focusrsoc.com who won our £50 Prize Draw!!! (Chris permitted us to publish his name). We will hold another draw around March time.

Thanks also to those who have rung us for a car insurance quote in December. October was our record month but we are on course to beat that which is great considering December is historically a quieter month for renewal dates!

Here’s just a bit of feedback from the last 4½ weeks –

• Just gave Prestige a call and so far they have the best renewal quote. 1st year the ST was £1k, 2nd £750, 3rd £650 and 4th was £600 - they have just quoted £395 with bonus points and mods declared so quite impressed after the very small drop last year and not bad when I'm still just 26.
  • Just sorted the scala with prestige, saved over £120 compared to renewal note from existing broker. Well worth a call.
  • Spoken to these guys today, and they are to say the least fantastic! Extremely friendly, and have saved me loads on insurance. Incredibly happy, and would recommend to anyone!
  • Prestige were so helpful and quick and quoted me 177 a month which is the cheapest I have found on pay monthly plans! I’m with the above insurance n there a top company.
  • Prestige saved me almost £100 from the best quote I've had so far . £550 for living in N10 is great price as I had to pay around £900 last year. I've also tried ‘X’ again (don't know why as last year they quoted me £1200) and their best was just over a grand (insane). I'd like to thank Dave from Prestige who knew what he was talking about with no nonsense questions and he was the only agent I spoke to during my call and he did called me back as promised.

Hi

Our Christmas opening times are as follows:

Up to Friday 21st December Normal Hours (9am to 8pm)

Sat 22nd Dec 9am to 4pm

Sun 23rd Dec CLOSED

Mon 24th Dec 9am to 4pm

Tues 25th Dec CLOSED

Wed 26th Dec CLOSED

Thur 27th Dec 9am to 6pm

Friday 28th Dec 9am to 6pm

Sat 29th Dec 9am to 4pm

Sun 30th Dec CLOSED

Mon 31st Dec 9am to 4pm

Tues 1st Jan CLOSED

Wed 2nd Jan Normal hours resume (9am to 8pm)

I would like to wish you all a very happy Christmas and peaceful New Year.

Yes we cover them on a like for like basis :)

When I phoned up I asked if yous wanted to know the value of the modifications and the woman said it didn't really matter? Surely the value of them should make a difference to the premium?

Edited by Pete91

Fair play but she never asked any questions about what I actually had. All she wanted to know was whether it was aftermarket and didn't want to know any specifics (make, brand etc). So I could have a £10k sound system or I could have a £150 rip speed setup from halfords and it wouldn't make any difference to the premium?

• 3 weeks later...

Please don’t forget to ring us if your car insurance renewal is due in January!

Normally one of the quietest months, December was our second best month of 2012!

January has started well also - this feedback was posted yesterday evening:

• Very impressed. I hardly ever advertise products/services that I use. Of course by the early part of January my mind turns to Car Insurance. Well the nights are only just starting to draw out, and there's not a lot on the Television. I had my quote from my current provider, and yet again I'd said that I was changing. I'd visited comparison websites....Emailed the people at PRESTIGE KEEP MOVING CAR INSURANCE, and left them my details. The did try and ring me this morning - but I was at work. Rang them this evening, and spoke to a very nice girl called Chelsea. The quote was just over £35 cheaper than my current provider - BUT WITH ALL THE MOD'S, and coming in at about £40 than a very good policy provided by a well known car insurer. To get probably the best policy I have ever had for the Xsara, and at the cheapest price, I reached for the Debit Card. Oh, and I didn't have to wait on hold, listening to a recorded message on how my call was important to them.

Here is some other recent feedback -

• With the discount applied to forum users it's not only the best quote so far, but the flexibility of payment options and REALLY good interest rate on monthly instalments means I shall be calling you guys as soon as my car gets it's MOT. Also, thanks to Jane at your call-centre for being so darn helpful!
  • Highly recommend, excellent quote with mods. Nice to actually speak to an insurance company that actually understand your car and needs without the silly quotes!
  • Phoned today as needed rapid cover for a ( new to me ) car which i need to collect 300+miles away over weekend. Prestige could not have been better. The young lady was brill all done by mobile when driving from Surrey to Devon - price very, very good. Considering I have had company cars for several years and only started using my own car since 2011, recommend to anyone. Please give them a try and do yourself a favour.
  • I spoke with Nikki. Very nice and very helpful. Definitely not your typical insurance company.
  • Ria saved a small fortune with a very competitive quote from this broker.
  • Looking good, almost a 50% cut on the quotes I've had so far for the fiesta.

Please give us a call! 0800 3308057 or 0333 4001580 if ringing by mobile.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all

We’ve been receiving quite a few requests for quotes recently from people who have seen the good feedback about our scheme but who are only halfway through their current policy elsewhere.

I would just ask if people could call us at renewal time as firstly, we can then give precedence to people who need insurance, and secondly because people generally lose quite a bit financially if they cancel policies mid-term due to cancellation rates & fees. Also, premiums can change on a monthly basis.

We will always endeavour to save you money and provide the best service we can but it’s better all round if it’s at renewal!

Here is some recent feedback!

• Thank you guys, just started a new policy, cheapest around and good policy details too....one happy customer here. Fully comp, all mods, business use, and confirmed 205bhp from 136bhp.
  • Just taken out insurance with prestige today. My renewal from was £722. £150 excess and no mods declared. Prestige quoted me £600 with £400 excess, with new alloys, lowered 50mm all round and gti leather interior, all covered like for like. Mk2 saxo vtr (2001), I'm 33 with 3 years ncb. Had other quotes in excess of £1200, so overall I'm very pleased.
  • Can't recommend these guys enough, just been on the phone to them again, really friendly, very helpful, and they'll actually insure my Astra when i've finished supercharging it.
  • Big thanks to Prestige who have blown everyone else out of the water with their quote on my civic! Looks like I'm with you for the next 12 months.
  • WOW - Phoned up Prestige. Told them my renewal price and the lovely Chelsea said she didn't think they could beat it as it was quite low already (surprise surprise!) She then said she was faxing the underwritters and getting back to me. A phone call later and she has managed to reduce my premium by 20%!!!!! Fantastic news. In short, give them a ring. Phoned my existing insurer and they can't/won't move on price.
  • I was surprised at the quote I got. £1400 with modifications declared, & I was getting £1450+ with no modifications before.

Please don’t forget to ring us for a quote if your car insurance is due for renewal in February!

January (historically the quietest month) was our equal 2nd best month for policies ever!
And here is some recent feedback to reflect this –

• I just want to say how very happy i am to now be covered by prestige! They offered me the
    cheapest quote and declaring all of my modifications! I would recommend them to
    anyone with a modified car!
  • I just been on the phone to you guys. Just want to say was very happy with my quote. Managed to bring me down by half what I'm paying now. Also managed to beat every quote I have had online so I will be taking my cover out with this lot when my actual renewal date comes
    around. Also would like to say great customer service on the phone too and when
    had to be put in hold was not kept on hold for too long. Even when I first rang
    up and was on hold and someone answered but everyone was still busy that dealt
    with quotes guy took my number and called me back within 5 mins. I'm very
    impressed I would most definitely recommend anyone on here to give them a call
    when due day comes. Cheers.
  • Just had a quote from you guys - I'm a first time driver so have been getting silly quotes until i rang you.
  • My renewal came through at £617 which was ok as i paid £700 last
    year so phoned up, had a chat with a guy called David, and we managed to get it
    down to £545, not too shabby as its the cheapest insurance i have had in about
    5 years.

Edited by Tim@Prestige

Winter Tyres

I’ve been asked about our stance on these so I thought I would add
this to our thread.

There is no charge for these on our insurance scheme and we don’t
need to be notified when they are changed, provided that they meet, and are
fitted in accordance with, the vehicle manufacturers’ specifications, and are
in a roadworthy condition.

Filled out my quote form. Waiting for a call. As much I've liked Direct Line, I think it's time for me to switch, they aren't being very helpful with me now that I'm an 'old customer'.