Tyres!!

Kay0992

Hi everyone!

Im new to this so please be patient!!!!

Im currently driving a 2002 1.4 Lupo, Im planning on lowering it and putting some 16" wheels on it.

I have a couple of questions which I hope you can help with!

Will I be able to put stretched tyres on it if I lower it?

And what size tyres will I need for my 16" rims?

Thanks

Kay

:D

Do you know the specs of the wheels? We'll need to know offset and width and also how much you want to actually lower it.

This.

Stretched tyres should only really be used if they're actually necessary i.e. - to fix arch clearance or poke issues - not just cos they look cool. Less grip/more lows is an acceptable trade off but less grip/looks scene is just fail imho.

Joti's running 16x7J ET40 with straight sidewalls, it's a GTI though & they have bigger arches, and it's not that low. They're on 195/40/16 Toyos.

DSC_01631353490118996.jpg

Joti's got 5mm spacers on the front which makes them ET35 so the fronts will be the same as the pic above, the rears will sit another 5mm out. Bare in mind the extra arch width on GTIs though, reckon you'll need stretch to get the tread under non-GTI arches. Arch rolling would also be clever to avoid your arches eating the tyres, and depending how low you want to go might be necessary for the front wheels to clear the arches when turning. I'm not going to tell you not to do it, 15s are easier though tbf.

All you people saying 15" max have you ever put a 16" wheel on a lupo?

They look great, fill the arches well, no scrubbing with the right tyre choice - rolling radius of a 195/45/15 and 195/40/16 is the same.

Mitch's lupo had 16's on - looked great

My bro has 16" on his lupo tdi - fit very similarly to mine when it was on 15's

• Like 1