engine management light help! lupo gti

i went for a quick drive in my car tonight and the engine management light came on and went off straight away after. Now it pops on every now and again when the revs get up to about 3-5rpm, it also has started to missfire and not run very well.

ive only had the car runnning for a couple of days now (since tuesday). it is a 52 plate with 63k on the clock.

i dont know if there is any common problems that i dont know about or if anyone else has had this problem.

any help would be great

Thanks Matt

Coilpack and fresh ignition leads bud.

Always a good starting point.

Do the plugs too & check the bottom of the HT leads for oil. (a leaking rocker seal would cause this which could give your symptoms)

i had a look this morning and when taking the leads the coil and it was a mess, there was a white substance all over the first connection the second two the pin snapped and the last one was stuck in i ended pulling the rubber of the actually connection. i have ordered 4 leads at £18 each and a coil at £130 from vbw will be getting them on tuesday so hopefuly will be all up and running again then.