Classifieds, a poll...

JoeA

New or old classifieds...  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To honest i like parts of the old system and parts of the new system.

Eg

You can see a photo of the item you are looking at in a list in the new classifields, however in the old thread items you where able to put one thread for everything you have for sale. So my views are mixed to be honest.

To honest i like parts of the old system and parts of the new system.

Eg

You can see a photo of the item you are looking at in a list in the new classifields, however in the old thread items you where able to put one thread for everything you have for sale. So my views are mixed to be honest.

agreed. its annoying having to resize photos to be able to use them! also, your adverts get lost and swamped under with newer adds. there's no way to Bump your add.

at the same time, the required picture, location and contact is a good feature and saves some time!

Old ad's filled with crap and harder to moderate. They were free-er as they were in essence, just a thread, but that meant there was a lot of abuse.

If the old come back and the abuse continues, there will be a lot more "ban sticks" coming out.

We could use the old, but with a selling template as I have seen used on other forums.

I like parts of both, what annoys me is having to re size photos and sometimes not having enough space to upload, hence using photo bucket to host my photos, and not being able to bump (although us mods can feature ads)

What I do like is the one item per thread, which I think is better.

What I like more is the fact the forum polices the classifieds section within its own app, there used to be a lot of wasted time trying to sort out the marketplace and that's something that I could do without having to do again.... and the other mods think the same way about that.

We will have a chat with the hierarchy and see if we can do some fine tuning.

The Classified app and its issues - this is already being discussed as to the best way to move forward with this. As John says, there are benefits to both. I've already upped the storage limit which should fix any issues regarding upload space - this is now set to 20mb which should be plenty - if you want to host hi-res pictures for extra detail you can do this with another service and link via the main advert if required.

Unfortuately, there is very little I can actually change via the classified app - things like upload space/size, setting required fields and other minor details are possible.

there's no way to Bump your add.

We were very lenient on this, but any bumping was against the rules anyway.

Voting on things now. . . . Since when was this a democracy?

It's still not, it's just a vote setup by some **** that I'm sure will be ignored

Edited by joeadamou
  • Like 1

I'm not 100% sold on the new classifieds, but on the basis that they create a lot less moderating work for the team, I think it's a step in the right direction.

As has been said above, bumping was never allowed anyway, and there were several users that abused the old system so I think the new system should stay.

I like that I've not had to flex my ban stick in a while.

New one sucks, I know its easier to Mod and that and I respect that but if we took the easy route all the time, we would all drive Bog standard cars, wheres the fun in that. should be a format to sell too and a clear set of rules, if you break them get a 3 month ban from selling and add removed. Simple as that.

I do an excellent job on the DNE classifieds.

If it's good, I don't allow the ad. I just buy it.

If the ad is shit, I say it is shit.

If it's a Panda ad, I just lower the price.

Fascism at its best.

EG: http://www.dubnortheast.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=23896

Edited by Rich

It's a dictatorship hiding behind the pretence of a democracy. You only have these polls because I allow it ;):twisted:

Should we make flags and banners? Maybe have a day of worship ?

As far as I can tell, there are a few issues with the app:

1. Upload limit - I think I've sorted this, as its now 20mb. I would have thought that would be plenty?

2. Image size - I think I can change this, how would you prefer it to be limited?

3. Bumping - this was never allowed on the old forum method, so thats a moot point.

Any others?

Why no bumps? Fair enough if you take the piss, but surely a bump with a price drop after a month is ok?

It's a pain in the arse reposting adverts all the time if it doesn't sell.

Adverts aren't visible in general everyday forum viewing, you only see them if you are actively looking to buy something.

It means hosting pictures on here, you can't just copy and paste the advert from another forum. It's a right fanny on.

You don't have to actually enter a phone number with the new classifieds system anyway. And it couldnt tell if you have your username in the photos. I don't see what it achieves with regards to less moderation.

Just do a template on the old forum style and leave it at that.

:)

• Like 1

Why no bumps? Fair enough if you take the piss, but surely a bump with a price drop after a month is ok?

IMO

A price drop isn't a bump, thats you amending your ad.

writing bump and not changing anything are how i would define a bump

Yeah, fair enough. Maybe I should have worded it differently.

But after it hasn't sold for a month it's easier to bump it than rewrite the entire advert.

And if it's had a price drop then I think it deserves a place at the top of the adverts too.