what was everyones 1st car ?

hectashouse

First car I propely drove was a crappy old fiesta. Steering had a good 10deg of slack in it, suspension might of well been made out of marshmallow and it refused to start on cold days.

It was baught for a couple hundred quid so me and my brother had somthing to learn in.

It was in 1999, I'd been driving almost 2 years but hadn't had my own car, and I bought a 1992 J reg Renault Clio (1.4RT in red).

Was looking for a car for a few weeks, and went to the pub the night before going on my holidays and spotted it sat at a used car dealers on the way home from the pub - gave it a once over in the dark and sent my Dad to have a look the next day while I was at work, who test drove it & put a deposit on it for me. Left Dad with a signed blank cheque and a price limit and went on holiday leaving Dad to sort it all out for me - came back from my holidays to the car sitting on my parents driveway. I'd officially owned it 3 days by the time I got to sit in it & drive it for the first time! :D

Owned it for 13 months, before having a blowout on the M25 at midnight, when I was driving back to University doing about 80mph. Wrote the car off as it span and hit the central reservation. :(

Gold 1.1 Fiat punto, had it before i had passed, used to drive it around and once the backbox fell of infront of a police station, i was sh*ttin it

1970 vw beetle paid £300 from a garage! was a cracking car owned it 6 years it had 5 engines all panels replaced 2 resprays two interiors and eventually sold it for £2300 and bought a mk1 golf gti

two weeks after i sold it police woke me up at 5 in the morning and were going to arrest me for drunk driving after the new owner had smashed it up and done a runner, my name was still on the dvla records, parents were not impressed,

Fiesta 1.1, sluggish & rubbish but a good first car I guess - passed my test in it! 2nd was a 1L AX which was awesome, 950cc injection powaaaaa!

I had a 5 speed, sporty! :lol: Stunning little gearbox actually, short throw knob and everything. Unfortunately snakes pass killed it on the way back from Sheffield one morning, radiator blew :( Still got more than I paid for it when I traded it in though :lol:

• Like 1

B reg Astra, complete with leaking fuel tank.

Depending on how you parked it on the camber of the road determined if you had any fuel in it come the morning.

Heater matrix sprung a leak mid winter so by-passed it with a bit of copper pipe so didn't pee all in car but no heating whatsoever.

Caved the back door in trying to park in a multi-storey.

Was a bag of poo but it was the first car I drove to 100 mph in and that was epic if a bit scary,it was shaking like a rapist.

Got fed up with all the crap,bit the bullet,took finance and got a 1.4 Nova SR

First car was a Mk2 MR2, with some green and some red panels. Bought it for £300, then after a couple of months, converted it to Turbo with 245bhp. Someone crashed into it while it was parked up, so i broke it for spares. :(

Edited by Cooper_GTI

My first car on the road was a Vauxhall viva :thumbup: , but being driving since the age of ten on private land, we had a tractor, a mini and a opel kadet, fun times, the tractor was our recovery vehicle to pull the cars out of the beck at the hairpin lol.

1984 Vauxhall Nova 1.2L in carnellian red with brown interior. God I loved that car, hammered the crap outta it, lowered it, rotten rear arches, 4 speed box, broken fuel guage. Proper Vauxhall ownership!

Cinqucento sporting in faded red, the bumper was actually starting to turn pink. 8months with no issues at all, i did 30miles with no coolant in it haha

Edited by 2001gti

classic mini, got it for free then did a nut and bolt re-build. tuned 1275 engine,hi-lows,adjustable shocks, alleycats big arches, dvd player,ford street ka full heated leathers, all the bells and whistles,absoloutley loved it!!!! then i smashed it.... got a clubman and did another nut and bolt re-build using as many parts off the first one as i could.

Photo0085.jpg

anyone fancy buying it? send me a pm

A 1991 Citroen AX GT500 purchased in 1994 or thereabouts (probably before most of you were born lol).

Had it for 2½ years and then wrote it off coming round a blind bend only to see an HGV parked right in front of me. I had to decide whether to go round it (risking a head on collision) or a trip into the undergrowth by veering off the road. I took the green option and bent the chassis :)

1360cc, 85bhp and weighed about as much as a tin of beans - a very respectable bhp:tonne ratio :D

Loved that car........ :wub:

axgt.jpg

Edited by Joti

My first car was a November 2000 VW Polo 1.0E 3dr finished in Diamond black. I got it about two days before starting uni in September 2001 and remember it had just 4,334 miles on the clock. Found it on Autotrader about ten miles away. It was a cracking car and did very well handling the numerous trips between uni and home (228 miles) over the years. I think I sold it in mid-late 2005 when I bought a 2003/52 Golf 1.4 Match 3 dr in Silver. The Lupo GTI came after that in October 2007.

Polopic.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mk3 golf 1.6 with Porsche D90's and a manifold back stainless exhaust. Couldn't insure it and sold it.

Then my real first car was a mk3 polo 1.3 in Indian red. I lowered it and put it on banded steels. I loved that car to bits. Still do. Was sad to see it go. Only bad thing about it was when a blind old man drove into the side of me in a car park - joys!!

Then a couple of days ago I bought my Lupo, and I love that now. I plan on keeping the Lupo for the foreseeable future. It's a lovely little car and when I get round to subtly modifying it, it'll be even nicer! And the mpg I get is fantastic!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ford capri mk2 1600 new in 1975. scrapped just a couple of years ago. had rover v8, space frame etc before it went though! had loads of other sh**e while i had it . was always going to put it back on the road but didn't. geoff sophie's dad

Ford KA for half a year... £500 quick fix which ended up barrel rolled 3 times into a hedge at 75mph. I never became a stunt girl in the end :(

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/15429010150343154065436.jpg/'>15429010150343154065436.jpg

Fair to say she was a non runner after having me as an owner.

Edited by jadelauren