Painting my interior plastics

haha if I daren't do them a lighter blue then theres no chance id do them purple and green, it's an original idea though bet it would look good.

do gloss black, with a soft blue stripe round the outside ..

yeah sounds good, don't want something crazy just something subtle :) still contemplating white

haha if I daren't do them a lighter blue then theres no chance id do them purple and green, it's an original idea though bet it would look good.

yeah sounds good, don't want something crazy just something subtle :) still contemplating white

white is such an overrated colour ...

oh :( i thought it'd look nice and clean

it would :P :') that was sarcastic ... but itd need alot of lacquer so it was shiny, matt white wouldnt look right

They didn't have any when I last went, I'll have to go again :) yeah could do that shouldn't be noticeable, thanks :)

i know they do a paint match service but then thas probably more than egay :) ... how about play it a tad safe ... gloss black with a white stripe?

sounds like a plan! how would I get the stripe though? sorry I'm new to all this haha :)

adam said it'd be a pain :(

adam is correct it would be an absolute ball ache but all youd have to do is mask it up very carefully. but ive seen it done nd it would look good :D

• 2 weeks later...

to do the pinstripe what you would do is paint white around the edges, let it dry(24 hrs)

then get some flexi fine line masking tape, mask your line, then paint the whole thing your colour, wait till dry, remove the masking tape, youll now have your white painted line then just go over it all with laquer,

very simplified guide

Edited by jamiea7x
  • Like 1

you could also try pin strip over by sign writing, maybe with a posca pen,then laquer, depends on how good you are/steadyness with your hands? jamiea7x is right if you want a bang on finish though just make sure you use painters tape and not masking or any other porous kind