valves bent

my cam belt went other day well the engine is all stripped down and the verdict is iv bent 10 valves....8 exhaust valves and 2 inlet valves

im deciding to replace all 16valves and the headgasket along with the belts and tensioners and pullys

i just cant seem to find a price for the valves how much am i looking at for full 16v.

Alright dude, my cambelt went recently on the way back from players, i had 16 valves replaced, timing/cambelt, headgasket skimmed, water pump, valve seals and afew other things, its been 800 mile since the rebuild and better than ever, i managed to do it with a freind costing me £420 all in.. valves are the most expensive part, if you pm me i can get you a price

hi people i rang my local garage very good price with a good warranty for parts fitted by a professional (my mate is doing the job fully qualified mechanic)

£48 for 8 x exhaust valves = £6 each

£77.60 for 8 x inlet valves = £9.70 each

£74 for a full cam belt kit

£38 head gasket and rest of gasket kit

£5 oil filter

£5 air filter

grand total of £247.60

And my good mate was only going to charge £50 for all work he is doing but i think its only fair he gets £100 for the fact the job size and good will haha.

so my lupo all running fine hopefully for the grand total of £347.60

not to bad if you ask me. what you all think

Edited by dalef1992

have the Head all pressure tested and check the Valve Guides and seals are all good.

i was looking at a Polo GT (Non runner)

it was suspeceted bottom end but bascically the timing slipt (After HG wasent done propperly), bent the valves and rather ruined the cylinderhead.

Polo GT's have less valves, although in that case it would be cheaper and easier to just get another head. There's loads kicking about.

I'd be tempted to source another head here, but since it's all getting done cheaply I would get it all changed and then keep the car.

I wouldn't sell just because you've had to spend some money on it.

If you'd spent less money in the first place getting the belt done you wouldn't find yourself where you are now.

Maintaining your car saves you money if you look at what could go wrong, hopefully it's a lesson learnt.

Also, add a couple of bottles of G12 to that list above, winter's coming and you don't want to run with no coolant.