relowering

Aiyame

hi quick question i've just had 4 wheel alignment done on my car to get it through its mot they had to lift it back up tho to do it will it knock it all back out of line if i readjust it back down to minimum again cheers for reading :)

Yes it will need to be re-tracked if you go lower - that's if you tracked it when it was raised, if not then try to return the threads to it's previous point and it will be fine. I'm pretty sure tracking doesn't need to be done for a MOT.

Edited by davidelliott294

If its on coilovers just raise it for MOT then wind backdown to roughly where it was. The main killer of tyres is toe in/out... Which won't be changed by adjusting coilovers. But camber will be changed with the height.

If you undo the top mount, or the two that attach the strut to hub etc, then you need tracking done. If not, I wouldn't bother :)

'Tracking' normally just refers to toe adjustment.

In raising/lowering the car using the threads you do not alter the toe so it will not need adjusting.

The camber will change, but as long as its equal both sides it will be fine.

Where did you take it out of interest?

I dont think he needed it track for the MOT. Add punctuation into the first post and I think it's supposed to read;

"hi, quick question, i've just had 4 wheel alignment done on my car. To get it through its mot they had to lift it back up, tho to do it will it knock it all back out of line if i readjust it back down to minimum again? cheers for reading"

• Like 2

I dont think he needed it track for the MOT. Add punctuation into the first post and I think it's supposed to read;

"hi, quick question, i've just had 4 wheel alignment done on my car. To get it through its mot they had to lift it back up, tho to do it will it knock it all back out of line if i readjust it back down to minimum again? cheers for reading"

Hahaha that's awesome. The first post makes so much more sense now lol

Aah, that makes much more sense

'Tracking' normally just refers to toe adjustment.

In raising/lowering the car using the threads you do not alter the toe so it will not need adjusting.

The camber will change, but as long as its equal both sides it will be fine.

Where did you take it out of interest?

So because he has raised it up and down does that not mean he needs to get his tracking done?

From what you are saying, I understand that he doesn't. Is that right? I'm lead to believe he does?