Lupo 1.4TDI 2002 - Recommended battery

Blasar

Hello!! Greetings from Portugal.

I have opened this topic, to hear your opinions about the recommended batteries (battery capacity; cold cranking amps; brand/model; etc) for a Lupo 1.4tdi from the year 2002, as the one on my girlfriend´s car, is starting to show some signs of distress.

I have already checked some of the manufacturer´s sites (as: http://www.varta-aut...〈=en&range=) but I was not able to reach a final conclusion, therefore, I would like to hear what this (fine) community has to say about it.

I am inclined to think that anything below 60-63Ah/540A is a bad choice, don´t you agree?

Best regards.

P.S. - Excuse my poor English.

Edited by Blasar

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply, RobG. ;)

I have posed the same question to the VW local reseller, and they told me that the OEM recommended is:

VW P/N: 000 915 105 AD - 61Ah; CCA 330A DIN, 540A EN/SAE; 246(W) x 175(L) x 190(H) (mm)

I hope it can help somebody one of these days.

Regards.

Thank you, for the reply, Amber_Nunny. ;)

I am inclined to choose a VARTA battery, because is the brand of the old one and I have found only good things about it.

Nevertheless, I have some more possible choices as: TUDOR; BOSCH; KBK; etc.

I am looking into the prices of which one of them, now, and will make a decision soon.

Thank you, once again, for the advices.

Regards.

Hello!!

Thank you for the reply, scirocco.

Our local reseller, after my question about the price of the original battery, said to me that the most recent reference, of the OEM part, as changed to 000 915 105 DE (cost = 196.8euros ≈ 160.2£) and that there is another possibility - Economy JZW 915 105 (cost = 154,98euros ≈ 126.19£).

IMHO this prices are very high, and I am not willing to buy the battery from the local reseller. I can buy similar batteries, allegedly with the same specs (I am not aware of the possible difference in the quality) for something like: TUDOR Battery = 83.00euros ≈ 67.56£; DRIVER battery = 86.30euros ≈ 70.30£; KBK battery = 61.61euros ≈ 50.16£.

I might buy the Tudor because is a brand well known around here and with an ok reputation, and the others two brands are completely strangers to me.

Regards.

Edited by Blasar