Drivers Window Switch

Hey,

My drivers side window switch has broken on me today.. A really nice sunny day and couldnt use my window!

I dont really use ebay and stuff for searching but found one for £32 or £60 brand new.

Is this the sort of price im looking at for one or does anyone know where else i could get one?

First take your door card off and swap the wires over from the drivers window switch to the passenger window and check the window works. If you window is working ok on the passenger side switch then you need to take the switch off, take it apart and clean it, will save you some money.

I have seen a guide on how to take the switch apart and clean it without breaking it but I can't find it. I'll keep looking for you.

Tried that but it doesnt work. Guessing its switch cause fuses are fine and tested wires and they are still live. Meter on wires is showing 8v instead of 12v.. Does that sound right?

Your getting to technical for me once you start talking about volts :)

It sounds a bit odd that both switches would fail at the same time unless there's a shared component inside the switch that they both use that's failed.

my passenger side switch will only work upwards but if I plug the wire into the drivers side switch the window works fine. Now the regulators snapped so I haven't bothered fixing it.

Have you tried youpullit for a price on a switch?

its near York I haven't used them for ages so I couldn't tell you if it would be any cheaper then the prices you all ready got

http://u-pull-it.co.uk/locations.html

Then there's Doncaster motor spares

http://www.motorhog.co.uk/contact/

I heard they charge a lot so I never used them but its worth a phone call I suppose

or pm lupoboz and ask him how much he can get a new one for http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showuser=13931

I did repair my broken one before its fairly easy I just broke the clips on the back so had to plastic weld it back together (and then put it on the wrong way so up was down and down was up) :thumbsup:

I got one from the scrap yard for free (the guy said out it in my pocket because the surround was damaged)

My switch and the one I got free both had a broken switch so I popped the broken ones out and put the working ones into the surround. Now I'm sorted

Talking of eBay I saw one go for £86 once, actually stupid