Stretched Tyres.. Problem?!

VWFTW

Hi Guys..

Woke up this morning, to drive off to work.. To find out I have a really flat tyre!..

However when I got out of my car.. I saw that the whole tyre had come out of rim!!

I'm running Nankang NS2 165/45/15 on a 7j wheel!

Any ideas on why this has happened?

And isit more than likely to happen again?

Picture:

4860BEC7-A83A-4662-AEE7-AD13F7FD527C-5170-000004123D4C110C.jpg

Any ideas guys?!

I was running 38psi.. Which I pumped up the day before! (reason being.. It kept deflating due to the tyre being stretched!) so I believe anyway!

Thanks!

Sounds like it wasn't sealed properly if the tyre was going down.

If it is driven when low pressure it will be more likely to come off the bead than a non stretched tyre.

I would take it to a tyre place and get them to reseal it onto the wheel - but check the bead for damage (on the wheel and tyre).

It happened because the tyre is too small for the wheel width.

Thank your lucky stars it didn't happen when you were doing 70mph on a motorway bend.

Yeah stretched tyres are stupid lol. i had 165's on a 7.5j wheel which was ridiculous.

428453_10151839563600523_1484575675_n.jpg

I had to use sealant to keep them on as i had one leaking too. Might be worth using a strong sealant around the bead. might help.

I eventually had a blow out so i would suggest going for that kind of stretch.

Im now running 175 50's on my RM's (7.5J) which is much better. A bit of stretch but still safe. Much nicer to drive on too

209006_10151854184080523_1396076710_n.jpg

Edited by Piers

Cheers for your inputs guys!

What make of tyre have you got on your RM's Pier?

Cus I'm thinking 175/50/15's all round now!

To be on the safe side!! And yeah stretched tyres are dangerous as hell!!

:/

Thanks

hey mate i think you had too much air 38 psi because i am running 7j on 165 its been a year too with no problem but i have been recommend to put 34 psi in them no more then that

as your local i got my tyres fitted from obrit tyres in wellingborough about 10 miles from northampton they are really good with sealing them etc

http://www.orbittyres.com/tyres?gclid=CNH29bH6lLICFVMbtAodm1oA0Q

I reckoned that too. Currently going to run 35psi.. I think that's respectable for the amount of stretch I'm running..

Took the wheel to a local garage to see if there was any damage, punctures ect..

They had a good look and there was nothing of the obvious..

So they put some tyre seal on it and pumped it back up again!

Must of just came off the bead overnight! :/

All Sorted now!!

:)

Next time it happens, if it happens... Get done aerosol lighter fluid... Spray it right in and adding the Tyre wall, then set it slight... Pops the tyres back on as it creates a vacuum. Then pump away!

Next time it happens, if it happens... Get done aerosol lighter fluid... Spray it right in and adding the Tyre wall, then set it slight... Pops the tyres back on as it creates a vacuum. Then pump away!

I hear a lot of people using this method to stretch tyres! haha!

Hopefully this don't happy again..

I'm going to run these tyres down, and get a set of 175/50/15 all round next!

:)

I've ran a 165/50 Bridgestone on a 7.5 with no problems for over 2 years, even with 0 psi in the tyre the odd, as my BBS splits didnt seal properly. Most likely that the tyre wasnt fitted true to start off with. Plus is a nangpoo :)