1 litre x reg arosa engine management light

1litrePWER

hey boys and girls , need a bit of advice driving to work today and the engine management light comes on. from what i can gather from a bit of googling these are prone to coil packs going or lamada sensors . the car seems to drive fine its idling at around 1000 rpm and fuel seems to be going down slightly quicker than previously .

i checked for cracks and none :) . just bought a diagnostic cable off of ebay :P like £11 should be here by thursday at the latest :) drives fine drove around 260 miles this weekend just gone with no noticeable failiures apart from a sticky electric drivers window took out motor cleaned and regreased it seems fine now :)

right so as cable didnt come got a mechanic friend to come over . He plugged in the cable and found that the engine was idling at a higher rate than normal 1100rpm instead of 850 rpm . This cleared the fault for some reason and the light isnt on now but im thinking i need to clean the throttle body and check the air cables for cracks or grime in them as this may be the cause of the higher idling also doing this wont do any harm .

• 4 weeks later...

Is it the exhaust emissions light? The one that looks like an engine isn't actually that bad. I got the coolant temp sensor changed and not long later the problem returned... I just kept driving due to lack of money and it's just gone off.. I'd say if it drives fine then leave it mate it should go off.

• 2 weeks later...