show me your boot installs

haha smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Ye know too much!

I'm thinking that would be a really good idea... however i need the spare wheel for weight to make the car lower than it is (eibachs not low enough at rear).... lol.. Infact i'd like to put all my amps down their !!! such a cool idea... how to mount and keep cool though... thanks for the idea smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

PC cooling fans sounds good, i've got 4 120mm ball bearing fans spare which i could use...

However i'm not too sure on how i could mount the amps down their... sounds like a really good idea though for a super tidy install ! would actually be able to use the boot then !

• 2 months later...
I like this one the best smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/tsh.../subandrack.jpg

was the false floor hard to make i use my boot all the time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too.

I wish Id bought the 10" version.

Looks like it built for the car.

I like this one the best smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/tsh.../subandrack.jpg

was the false floor hard to make i use my boot all the time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. It wasn't that hard, it just took time to plan it.

I consist of a 10mm mdf base which is fixed to the floor, ontop of dynamat, a tray that holds the amp. And a custom made fibreglass/mdf sub box.

Cant be arsed with amps and subs myself.

Just fitted some 6x9's to an mdf parcel shelf instead and it sounds just as good.

Going to sort the fronts out next.

Stereo has bee moved down cos the wires behind getting in the way. The empty space will be filled very soon.

6x9s.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Rookwise

Cant be arsed with amps and subs myself.

Just fitted some 6x9's to an mdf parcel shelf instead and it sounds just as good.

Going to sort the fronts out next.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but theres no way 6x9's off a headunit can sound just as good as a properly powered sub. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Stereo.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

Fusion.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

Not the most impressive install but its loud and clear and i love it!!! certainly no need for 6x9's but definatly need to upgrade my front speakers think ones on the verge of going!

Jen x

gurl racer thats neat. i was thinkinf about  getting that wibe kit. £140 from halfords is not to bad i think

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cheers very much! got it all from ebay under £300 for the head unit and fusion kit! Bargin!

Jen x

gurl racer thats neat. i was thinkinf about  getting that fusion kit. £140 from halfords is not to bad i think

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

gone back upto £299.99 now @ halfords sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i like that jbl bass tube. got shown it at no-rice and o have to say it sounded good. iam thinking of going for some thing like that now. maybe a alpine one.

wayne? (is that your name bro?) i think some one on here as that fli kit. got a little fly on it.

Edited by lupo_1.0

I doubt you will get a 12" sub to fit if its firing across the car.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it is possible but not recomended, hence im only going for a 10"!

Edited by Bikerz

I doubt you will get a 12" sub to fit if its firing across the car.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paulbin got one of them 12" Fli package things.

Upside down it will fit in the boot with the sub fireing across the boot.

It doesn't fit as such, but it does squeeze in enough to close the rear seat back enough.