Lupo / Arosa 1.4 & 1.6 16v `OBD-II` Serial Port Remaps!

Josh_PoloGTi

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't it JBS who did the engine swap on Mrs Bs car?

Yup, think so...

VW told me the ECU would have to be removed from the car, and sent away to Germany to see if its been remapped.

Mmmm, maybe, but unlikely. JBS have to get the original code off the ECU to do the remap, and they don't have to send it off to Germany. The same technique can be used to get the code off a chipped ECU, I believe...

JBS are a reseller for the Revotechnik remap solutions, but also develop their own (I imagine only for cars that Revotechnik don't do maps for, to prevent competition). This remap is one of their own, developed `in-house`.

Just call JBS - I will do it when it stops raining

I'm sure there's a reason for you being unable to call when it's raining...

Lovely sunny day here tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

A work friend has the software to `re-map` the ecu's in all vag's and i need to speak to him before i can say any more tbh!

The only thing is it won't be set up on the roller's but it will be alot cheaper!!

more info to come so no drama!!

A work friend has the software to `re-map` the ecu's in all vag's and i need to speak to him before i can say any more tbh!

The only thing is it won't be set up on the roller's but it will be alot cheaper!!

It's one thing to have the software, it's quite another to have the knowledge, experience and tools to be able to produce a remap that is both effective and safe.

Unless he's done a bunch of remaps for other people who have been pleased with the work, I would be *very* wary of taking my car to be remapped by some guy and his laptop.