Lupo / Arosa 1.4 & 1.6 16v `OBD-II` Serial Port Remaps!

Josh_PoloGTi

Hi All

I'm Josh (Admin of `UK-Polos`.net).

We've made an announcement tonight which I think you guys might be interested in regarding Custom Code Remaps for 1.4 and 1.6 16v Engines used in Polos, Lupos and Arosas. Follow the links for more info:

Link: Click for 1.4 16v Remap Info

Link: Click for 1.6 16v Remap Info

It's about time there was code available for these engines!

Anyway, if you've got any questions, ask away... I'll liase with JBS Auto Designs to get the answers for you.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

`12-15bhp` extra for £250 that doesnt sound bad, we have already had some lupos and arosas put on the rolling road, mine was ment to be 100bhp standard all ive done it add an air filter and got 115bhp, would i see any improvement over that?

Hi Paul

They have quoted a `12-15bhp` increase from their first dyno run to last dyno run (print outs will be given). JBS have one of the most accurate dyno's in the country, so you can be assured that their figures are right.

If you get 115 on their rollers initially, you could expect 127 - 130bhp afterwards.

Awesome, I am pushing out 153bhp atm so this should give me 165 + am having head work done also smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

if we got a group together would they do a club discount???

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> fantastic cheers for this Josh. i am well interested . firstly though where is JBS. and secondly has any one of your polo guys had it done yet and what sort of results have they had.

Thanks for letting us know this too Josh its another sign that loopys big brother is looking out for its little brother ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Blimey, that's a lot of bhp already mate! I'd be interested to hear what you've done... The Polo GTi boys would sell their soul for this kind of power!

As for this product, it's BRAND new (only announced this weekend), so no one has had it done yet.

Of course, I'll let you know as soon as someone does!

JBS are based in Chesterfield (J29 M1). www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk or 01246 550 400

I was well suprised when i heard also lol

Done so far:-

Sckrick cam's

Bmc

Both cat's taken out and diffrent system (powerflow)

Head work(polish and port) will be done in the next few day's also!

Hand built tubular exhaust manifold (need's polishing and finishing off!)

If i can get `165-170` then that would be awesome!!!

Might book it in in the month or so!

QUOTE(Josh_PoloGTi)
As for this product, it's BRAND new (only announced this weekend), so no one has had it done yet.

Yet it gives a 'proven' `12-15bhp` over the original figure? :?

I like the idea of the serial port tuning though! Hurry up someone & get it done!

Zippy

Decent tuners can pretty accurately work out the expected bhp gains when they write a map... This is where this figure comes from.

Once they've mapped a few, people will be able to post their before and after graphs and everyone can make their own minds up.

I don't think that was ever a problem `per-se` - the problem was that it was all glued up, and the only people who would do a remap for the engine did it by physically opening the ECU rather than by reprogramming it via the serial port.

Apparently remaps cant be traced by dealers using `VAG-com`, so I was told when I got mine done anyway.

Correct.

There are always ways though - the most obvious being that the car's faster! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Apparently remaps cant be traced by dealers using `VAG-com`, so I was told when I got mine done anyway.

Correct.

There are always ways though - the most obvious being that the car's faster! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

true mate - thanks guys - ok then, one more, what about insurance assessors?

Agreed - I've told my insurers about my chip even though it would be impossible to prove without doing an exact code comparison between my ECU and a stock ECU, which is a lot of work.

For the 30 quid they charged me I'd rather have peace of mind.