Tinting, the law and other whatnot?

Trx 33

http://www.direct.go...hicle/DG_181016

Found this and it says (i think) that tint can be applied to the front windscreen. Am i right in assuming this or is this the level of tint that comes from factory.

Does anyone know the percent of light factory glass lets through?

Also, regarding the percentage, what do people see as a respectable level of tint because i think it looks silly having blacked out rears when your only allowed 75% on the fronts, dont want it too noticeable that the fronts and rears are different tints if you get my drift.

http://www.direct.go...hicle/DG_181016

Found this and it says (i think) that tint can be applied to the front windscreen. Am i right in assuming this or is this the level of tint that comes from factory.

Does anyone know the percent of light factory glass lets through?

Also, regarding the percentage, what do people see as a respectable level of tint because i think it looks silly having blacked out rears when your only allowed 75% on the fronts, dont want it too noticeable that the fronts and rears are different tints if you get my drift.

As mentioned your factory tints can sometimes be the legal limit (or close to) so if you were to add anything on top for the fronts you could be penalised.

I was under the impression you can tint your front windscreen to allow 75% light through and your front windows 70% however most modern cars come with this from the factory so you'd have to be very careful.

I also agree, limo black tints look silly when your fronts have none/very little hence why I would stay far far away from tints

If you don't want a massive difference between the front and rear tints and at the same time stay legal then you'll need to go for a reeeally light tint. Also taking into account that windows will already have a slight tint then in my opinion it's not worth doing and a hefty waste of money.