H.I.D Headlight Conversion Kit Help!

shabba45

Looking to buy a kit for my Arosa, got somebody who is able to fit it for me, but which do i buy? what's a good price etc etc.

There's so many different ones e.g 6000K 8000K etc

Which one? anybody got any pics of there car with one on?

Any links to any decent ones please.

Cheers! :)

I used to use one's i got from hids4u.com. I think they were 6k. Do you know that they're an mot fail? Also it's really easy to fit them so unless it's a mate of yours installing them for you then it might be worth giving it a bash yourself?

Expect to be pulled over and fail an MOT it you retro fit HID's into reflector lenses and with not having auto levelers and headlight washers since april this year.

4300k is the OEM colour and the higher the number the bluers the colour and the more attraction to the old bill you will create.

Just a warning as the 6 month grace period is due to finish in a month or two.

You'll put them on and they'll be illegal, unless your car has washing and auto levelling, which it won't.

You should look into Philips Blue Vision or Crystal Vision if you like. Very good bulbs.

I've only ever used Crystal Vision, which is technically illegal in the UK, but meh

I have some pictures with mine on in the members section mine are 10,000k I think

I cant imagine just how crap they actually look.

I've only ever used Crystal Vision, which is technically illegal in the UK, but meh

Why isnt it legal? Its a 55w filament bulb

I cant imagine just how crap they actually look

Did you really need to say that? How about you look at them first before you paint everyone with the same brush as they say, unless I ask for yor opinion on my car I'll prefer if you kept it to yourself

Defcon5, regarding the bulb, on the metal rim bit it says something like "NOT FOR USE IN EU" I'm sure I read somewhere about the way the light is filtered, pathetic really!

I believe I've still got the original box somewhere, but I know it's defo on the bulb itself

What's the point of not doing something because it's illegal to then replace it with something illegal :s

More effort, plus they don't have the light output on what xenons do, so therefore less conspicious(sp?) they pass MOT, whereas aftermarket HID's wouldn't