Leila the Lupo!

Sophieb908

So i've been doing a few odd things over the last couple of weeks so I'm gonna let you all see!

First I got a new arieal as mine was knackered!

6.png

And voila it looks loads better now!

5.png

I just need some black silicon or something as the rubber seal around the bottom of it has broken and is peeling off...need to get that sorted!

I got some stickers too! :)

4.png

IMAG0239.jpg

Then I got a magnet thingy from Halfords that I can stick my phone to the dash with so I can use my phone as a SatNav and it will be good for when I get some kind of handsfree kit in there.

9.png

One of my headlights had gone, however my bonnet release cable has broken. My other half spent 6 hours last Thursday while I was at work trying to get it open but he finally did it!

Bonnet cable is still broken but another one has been ordered from VW, gotta go and get it tomorrow and hopefully Ryan will fix it for me then!

Ryan also fixed my drivers side lock as it was a bit dodgy. It would unlock but not lock from the drivers side and when you unlocked it all the windows came down! Now it works perfectly!

He also took it to VW for me last week to get the paint depth tested and all the other shiz for the anti corrosion guarantee for the rust spots on my roof...they're not dead bad, but fingers crossed we can get it sorted!

I also had a dry bush! made a really horrible rattling sound when going over bumps and stuff so had a new wishbone fitted on Saturday and no more rattling! Also at the same time...I got lowered!

Before

untitled-1.png

After

11.png

So its not lowered that much...but I'm gonna be using it everyday and the roads around crewe all either have speedbumps or pot holes or both so I didn't want it to go too low! I'm happy with it anyway :)

I'm gonna start doing some interior things in the next couple of weeks so there will be more to follow!

Edited by Sophieb908

Thanks! I didn't notice your replies as I moved the thread and didn't look at this one!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400134137298

Pop it in a mug of hot water to soften it slightly, then slide it over the base and it sits in place. Mine had split, so was fairly easy to replace.

]

I was looking at one of those but my other half said I would have to take the headlining off and faff about loads but if it goes on that easily, I've just ordered one! :)

I did it in about 5 mins, just make sure the water's good and hot to soften it, and that you get it on straight when fitting. No other tools involved :)

Nope, no sealer. If you look at the inside edge, there's a small lip, this fits under the plastic base of the aerial. The outside edge of the seal fits over the top of the plastic base, and firm against the roof of the car, sealing it. If the old one is still partially attached, have a look see how it fits on, you'll get the idea.

you need to take you rear grab handles off and c pillars (just pop off) then get you hands just inside your headliner and unclip a few z shaped platic bits only two of them then slightly pull your head liner down trying not to bend it to much, get your hand inside and un screw the 22mil nut on the aerial base.

thanks for the tips! It came today and it was a doddle to put on! even had instructions! Didn't have to undo the headlining, I just put it in warm water like RobG said and it slid on and went into the lip fine :)

• Like 1