interior light???

electricracer

my interior light is not working when the doors are opened, had a look around the site and it seems to be the switches in the doors, but should the lights come on when the car is unlocked with the remote? (my lupo does) also should the light come on when the boot is opened?

Does the light work when you switch it on manually a if you were using it for reading or whatever ? If not it could be your fuse... If it does I had the same problem on my old fiesta, take the switch out clean it off check it doesn't stick anywhere and put it back in, worked for me haha. And it should com on when you unlock the central locking not sure about the boot tho

yes all works on the light, just not when open the door or unlock, had vag com on it and switch is not working drivers side but still dosent come on with unlock, bit of a pain i can live without the light but because the car dosent know the doors been open it keeps automatically locking the doors,

• 5 years later...
On 7/28/2012 at 8:00 PM, electricracer said:

yes all works on the light, just not when open the door or unlock, had vag com on it and switch is not working drivers side but still dosent come on with unlock, bit of a pain i can live without the light but because the car dosent know the doors been open it keeps automatically locking the doors,

I have the opposite problem my light works when opening the doors but can’t be turned on manually ??

• 1 month later...

Same reply like before... :) common problem. Caused by condensation corroding electrical contacts. You know when your windscreen fogs up, the moisture isn't just sticking to the glass, but everything inside the car that's cold. Moisture and contacts are not a good combo... you'll be surprised at how wet it can get between the roof liner and the inside of the metal roof. Especially when there's a hard frost.