sonnys MK 1 Arosa

sonny.s

been on here a while now so had a couple hours to spare thought id rite up a little build thread on my arosa.

started off as a completely standard 98 Arosa 1.0 mpi

was in a pretty bad state few dents scratch's and scuffs, then some B**terds decided to vandalise it

so young with no money i decided to "fix" it lol

IMG046.jpg

IMG047.jpg

IMG048.jpg

IMG049.jpg

IMG050.jpg

then i found some sideskirts lying about at my uncles garage and decided to fit them

IMG062.jpg

IMG063.jpg

IMG066.jpg

IMG068.jpg

blended them all in to the arches and put some primer down

IMG109.jpg

IMG110.jpg

IMG111.jpg

IMG112.jpg

IMG113.jpg

IMG114.jpg

IMG115.jpg

so in my uncles paint shop ready for paint

IMG132.jpg

paint down without lacquer

IMG134.jpg

all painted

IMG135.jpg

IMG136.jpg

IMG137.jpg

IMG147.jpg

IMG148.jpg

IMG149.jpg

IMG150.jpg

IMG151.jpg

it was lowered 60mm on supersport spring and damper kit sprayed wheels panther black to match bonnet and roof and changed the whole interior lupo sport red and black with all dark plastics

IMG00154-20100406-1546.jpg

then some women pulled out 2weeks after everything was finished

IMG00069-20100205-1437.jpg

so set about some more mods

IMG00108-20100224-1627.jpg

IMG00109-20100224-1627.jpg

IMG00142-20100323-1536.jpg

IMG00081-20100211-1446.jpg

2c40d95c.jpg

IMG00153-20100406-1543.jpg

had the engine changed to a new 1.0 AER engine with skimmed head ported and polished all new seals ( dads a mechanic ) and rebuilt the gear box

old engine was F**ked as who ever owned it before me trashed it

brought engine off ebay for £100 and did it all in a day

today just put on a new splitter that i brought from alex on here

ee6b5c83.jpg

5c1697b8.jpg

7809319e.jpg

Edited by sonny.s

RX 7 seats so much more comfortable then the lupo ones and a leather omp wheel

4617e2c1.jpg

5ed4bf4a.jpg

e87e213f.jpg

also i and the lupo center console round the handbreak and the gear lever then under the dash

Edited by sonny.s

Great work nice to see another mk1 kicking about you've got a good family too by looks haha

haha i did have to work my arse off in his garage for him to spray it

the blending on those side skirts it pretty cool, Almost looks factory! Would like somthing like that (more like a GTI style) to hide my beatup sills.

i wanted to make it a alittle different from every other arosa with out a gastly bodykitt

when i started reading i was thinking ah god here we go, another bag of **** but you turned it around very nicely mate! looks pretty sweet, a few things i would have done different but you put your own spin on things and thought outside the usual "Dub" box

Thanks sloanes, yeah I love a dub as much as the next person. It's still a work in progress decided to put the plate recses back in on the back bumper got some new rims waiting for some time to refurb them and get rid of ballooning tyres, flock the dash and retrim the interior

Lol no need to be jealous I have the paint choose at home some were I'll digg it out for you when I get home I opted for a different variant of flash rot variant number 2 it's a deeper red with a higher orange content I prefered it to the standard I think the paint choose is P3G but I'll confirm it

• 1 month later...

Little update to the project, I Went out the other day and had the biggest inpluse buy iv ever had. Came home with a mk2 fabia vRS in candy white with black magic roof 1.4 tsi twin charged engine and 180bhp it's a bloody quick car, what's everyone think about them I'll get some pictures up soon

• Like 1