Logo Competition....

MattyB

can't use the VW logo as its copyrighted

I work in an area where we find ways around copyright and trademarks on a daily bases. While it's a tricky bit of the law you can basically use anything as long as its 'drawn' it as it's an artists representation and so not property of the company. We print a lot of sporting merchandise both official and unofficial so for example, wembley stadium is trademarked and so you cannot use a photograph of it on a piece of unofficial merchandise. We can however print a an artists sketch of that photograph (even if it's vector traced) as it is then not a real thing.

But as Matty said VW are hardly likely to cry about a bunch of VW enthusiasts using there logo when it's plastered everywhere.

I think you're only allowed to display their badge as it is - ie, unmodified. In all honesty though, they won't give two hoots on a forum, only when its used in an official capacity.

I like the banner though - two points, if I may:

1. Needs to be more integral to the color scheme of the forum

2. Needs a more...defined/catchier logo for the text?

I am going to make a better thread for this, though, just thought I'd throw it out there...

just trying to look out for you, since its probably you that will end up liable for it and so you go into it eyes are wide open ;)

Edited by Dz1981

In all honesty though, they won't give two hoots on a forum, only when its used in an official capacity.

Not strictly true Matt, there was a VW forum (a regional forum of CGTI if I remember rightly?) that had VW after them a couple of years ago, telling them they weren't allowed to use the logo... there was a massive hoo-hah about it at the time. Not worth the risk/hassle if you ask me...

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely need a new banner. Keep it looking fresh. Was looking for stuff for my Vauxhall van the other day when I noticed that the VX220 club have exactly the same banner as us but just with VX220 where we have club Lupo. Need something new !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, but the logo must be only one, isn´t it?

I´ll transform the second one to better.

But who is the person, which say definitely "yes, it will be our logo"??