Pinking In my 1lr

mattbagshaw

Hey I have a 2004 1lr seat arosa and when ever I'm accelerating from 2nd

Gear all the way through to 5th I get bad pinking noise, I know it's

Only a 1lr needs the revs but it does it even at around 4,000 revs and it's

Starting to get to me , have checked the plugs and everything else but hasn't got any better

Can anyone help me understand what/why this is happening and ways it can be sorted??

Thanks for any help or will be greatly appreciated

i have a funny feeling the 1litre arosa can only take 92/95 octane not super unleaded or anything like that try redex or something similar or take the injectors out and clean them then put them back in is only a ten-twenty minute job if done right also chaneg air filter and oil filter bassically do a mini service yourself done wonders for my 1litre

Edited by 1litrePWER

i have a funny feeling the 1litre arosa can only take 92/95 octane not super unleaded

The 1.0 cant advance the ignition timing, but super unleaded has a higher resistance to detonation and will help clean the injectors a bit.

My car runs so smooth on super, Its more responsive, better MPG and (probably due to the detonation resistance mention by defcon) makes more pops come out the exhaust ;)

My car runs so smooth on super, Its more responsive, better MPG and (probably due to the detonation resistance mention by defcon) makes more pops come out the exhaust ;)

yes because thats good and healthy for your engine

yes because thats good and healthy for your engine

A few posts ago you were saying its not recommended and not worth it. Now its good and healthy for your engine? Make your mind up

Keep using vpower on ya car and i am preety sure u will ruin the engine and generally end up with a completely shagged engine but thats my personal advise not too try it n see if u must . Nic 78 at least someone understands sarcasm :P

I am not sitting here and doubting you, but i do feel you owe a proper mechanical explanation to the bold statement above. I don't use Vpower all the time, i use it every now and then to clean out the injectors as Defcon5 said (listen to him, he knows a lot of stuff!). It gives me better economy afterwards. Now, you have an X reg arosa, and I'm pretty sure it isn't the same engine code as mine, so, unless you're a VW master tech (and even those haven't always been great in my experience). Please don't tell me that Vpower will ruin my engine as I'm not going to take your advice thanks :)

Keep using vpower on ya car and i am preety sure u will ruin the engine and generally end up with a completely shagged engine but thats my personal advise not too try it n see if u must . Nic 78 at least someone understands sarcasm :P

how have you come to this conclusion that using "better" fuel will wreck an engine... V Power is better for any engine as explained above.

Try using Diesel or cooking oil mate.

• Like 1

how have you come to this conclusion that using "better" fuel will wreck an engine... V Power is better for any engine as explained above.

Try using Diesel or cooking oil mate.

Lol i think we've found ourselves another joker Piers :D don't mess though. His 1lt is PWER...

Surely that's a load of crap. If the likes of shell etc. advertise v power and the benefits it has and it turned out to "generally" wreck engines then surely they would have a lot of law suits on their hands.

Keep using vpower on ya car and i am preety sure u will ruin the engine and generally end up with a completely shagged engine but thats my personal advise not too try it n see if u must .

Please explain how this superior fuel wrecks an engine.

95 = normal unleaded

98 = super unleaded although some supers are 97 etc...

Sport and GTI lupo/arosa: should use 98 but can use 95 but with reduced output

All other lupos/arosas : should use 95 ron but can use 91 with reduced output.

(this is because this is what the ECU's were mapped to run on, and hence why you have a little sticker either saying 98/95 or 95/91

)

so the manual does reccomend using 91/95 ron fuel so using 97 or 98 ron aka super unleaded will have no benifit mechanically .

personal opinion here but stick to the manual for your car .

and also i cant say i really care about having a 1litre cheap insurance and cheap running costs :P

Please explain how this superior fuel wrecks an engine.

Many high-performance engines are designed to operate with a high maximum compression, and thus demand fuels of higher octane. A common misconception is that power output or fuel efficiency can be improved by burning fuel of higher octane than that specified by the engine manufacturer. The power output of an engine depends in part on the energy density of the fuel being burnt. Fuels of different octane ratings may have similar densities, but because switching to a higher octane fuel does not add more hydrocarbon content or oxygen, the engine cannot develop more power.

also the fact the ecu isnt remapped to run off of anything higher on a 1litre arosa/lupo using better quality fuel wont produce any power gains whats the point . Fact is if you want a more powerful car buy a 1.4 sport lupo/arosa or spend thousands getting the 1litre engine modified