oil pressure warning

hi, im new to this forum and could do with some advice with oil pressure. i have a 2002 1.0 lupo. when iv been driving for a while, the oil pressure light seems to start flashing and beeping if i go between 1000 and 2000 rpm, but as soon as i go above 2000 rpm the light goes back out. it only seems to happen when the engine has been running for a while and is propperly hot. i heard that it could be a faulty oil pressure switch, so i have had that changed and it still does it. just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and what is could be?

thanks.

Im assuming you have the correct level of oil in and of the right viscosity, so we can rule that out.

It could possibly be a blocked pick up tube or the actual pump itself, im not sure how you would go about testing to prove either way.

Thanks for the replies!

I had an oil and filter change done less than 2 weeks ago by a garage. so im hoping the oil is the right viscosity haha.

I have taken it to a garage this morning to get the oil pressure tested and to try and find out the problem. The bloke there seems to think that it could be because my cams have fine scratches on so when the oil heats up it is getting through and losing pressure? im hoping its just gunk though because that sounds like an expensive job.

yeah not too long ago i had to have the valve seats recut and have new valve seals put in. he had the cams out then. they were only very fine scratches but he said it could be the reason. iv just got the car back and he said he is going to put a new bit of gauze between the sump and the engine and clear out the pipes. the pressure is just above the minimum amount he says. hopefully that will sort it!

• 1 month later...

with my 1.0 (ALD) lupo when i come out of a roundabout the oil light flickers on i got an oil pressure switch but cant find where it is on the engine

i have had the sump and strainer off (found an electrical clip stuck in strainer :unsure: ) where is the oil pressure switch on these little engines

and who ever did the set of pads on my car you an idiot 2 snapped slider bolts replaced with 17mm bolts and drivers side inner pad has to go on the caliper carrier not behind it :rant: (no wounder it pulled like mad to the left under braking when i picked it up)

• 3 weeks later...

with my 1.0 (ALD) lupo when i come out of a roundabout the oil light flickers on i got an oil pressure switch but cant find where it is on the engine

i have had the sump and strainer off (found an electrical clip stuck in strainer :unsure: ) where is the oil pressure switch on these little engines

and who ever did the set of pads on my car you an idiot 2 snapped slider bolts replaced with 17mm bolts and drivers side inner pad has to go on the caliper carrier not behind it :rant: (no wounder it pulled like mad to the left under braking when i picked it up)

sorry, havnt been online in a while. and on my engine the oil pressure switch was on the right hand side of the engine near the top