how to boot build

I used cardboard to cut to the shape of the boot at the height i wanted the floor to sit at, then traced around that on MDF (18mm) and cut that out with a jigsaw.

i then build a box from MDF (18mm) that is the height from the the floor to the base of the false floor (this holds my floor up, all from the drivers side... the passenger side is 'floating' as such, with the amp underneath. Attatch this box to the underside of your false floor, after you've cut a whole for the size of your sub. wire in sub etc.

done :)

i also want to build a boot build, do you have to make a box underneath the false floor to put the bottom of your sub in or do you just support the false floor with vertical pieces of mdf, cheers :)

Yeah, the actual false floor is purely cosmetic, it makes the whole floor sit flush and hides your wires. Underneath, you want the sub to be in a sealed/ properly ported enclosure of the correct volume to your sub :)

Yeah, the actual false floor is purely cosmetic, it makes the whole floor sit flush and hides your wires. Underneath, you want the sub to be in a sealed/ properly ported enclosure of the correct volume to your sub :)

can i make the box out of the 18mm mdf then? then just seal it myself with glue or do i need to buy a already built box?

Yeah you can, make sure its well sealed. Try and find out from your your subwoofer manufacturers website what the ideal box volume is for your sub :)

Nah, atm I'm running a sub in a sealed box, all on my readers ride if you click my sig. Gonna do a decent build eventually but may wait till next year and do it on the new car :ninja:

Couple pictures of mine... Excuse the **** sub and part finished state.

495e90bd.jpg933e7b3d.jpg

nice mate, you got enough air fresheners ;)

Nah, atm I'm running a sub in a sealed box, all on my readers ride if you click my sig. Gonna do a decent build eventually but may wait till next year and do it on the new car :ninja:

nice :D what car you getting?

silly question i bet :P how would you do a boot build but leave it so you still have your spare tyre? :P and what would you recommend for sealing it?

• Like 1

silly question i bet :P how would you do a boot build but leave it so you still have your spare tyre? :P and what would you recommend for sealing it?

you build it ontop of where your spare tyre is, in the actual boot not under where the tyres kept and glue for sealing it i think

you build it ontop of where your spare tyre is, in the actual boot not under where the tyres kept and glue for sealing it i think

Yer i understood that bit but what happens when you need to get said tyre out :P theres a massive false floor in the way :P.

and isnt there something more high tec than pva :P

Yer i understood that bit but what happens when you need to get said tyre out :P theres a massive false floor in the way :P.

and isnt there something more high tec than pva :P

take the false floor out?

take the false floor out?

are they not heavy then?? :P i expected them to be too large and awkward to get them out