hot hatches

lucy lup

QUOTE(lucy lup)
wat do u all think about the new hot hatches coming out.

There is the clio 182 which u can buy now

fiesta st

corsa gsi 1.6 turbo 170 bhp owwwww

mini convertible

seat ibiza fr

c2 vts

tigra gsi turbo

colt 1.5 turbo

and not to forget the new lupo gti i wonder who will get one 1st

Clio 182, nice, like em, new wheels are cool. But there are too many flooding out of car supermarkets for them to be considered a q car.

Fiesta. Not a chance in hell thanks very much. Not a ford fan.

Corsa. Same again, as soon as it comes out there will be 10,000 more just like it crowding mcdonalds car parks, except they will be 1.2s. And it may not make it into this gen of corsa either.

Mini Convertable. Looks cool, but they are absurd money over the tin top, and the tin top looks better. And apparently the order books are stocked up so the soonest you can have one if you order tomorrow is in time for the new plate....next March '05. Fock that thanks very much.

Ibiza. Sounds good, but apparently its not upto it. Hardly had glowing reviews, despite the 150bhp engine. Plus its got a `lardy-walter` de `silva-ass`.

C2 VTS. Wait and see. As long as it doesn't have that ****y paddle shift **** box, it should be ok. Smart looking car that again, come a years time, will be clogging drive thru's throughout the land.

Tigra.Promising, but a fair way off, and will probably be bought by girls like the last one.

If the rumor is true and the upcoming 3dr colt will have Evo versions, then it could be very very very cool.

New Lupo Gti, who knows.

We had a test drive in a new 182 and i'll tell ya I wasn't impressed at all.

The steering felt very twitchy, and the power was nice but although there must enough power, it didn't feel like it was.

Just didn't feel fast.

The C2 VTS I cant coment on as I haven't seen it yet.

What I will say is the C2 GT we went to look at, was probably the worst built car I have every looked at. We didn't even start the car up, I went to clime in and the girlfriend said lets not even bother.

bloomin' horrid! :sus:

I'm afraid I wouldn't touch any of the models listed, even the new Lupo GTi - I've heard through a good source who works for Audi in Germany that the first model coming to these shores will be a 1.4 16v not the current 1.6 125BHp version. Why do VW always leave us Brits until last when it releases 'hot' models.

I agree with the comments above about the C2, there will be thousands of them running about with daft little teenagers in white shellsuits driving them in about a year. Trust me.

As for the Mini Cooper - my family are VW mad, and before I had the GTi I had a golf, 2 Polos and a Jetta. So, I test drove the Mini before I bought the Lupo just to see what all the fuss was about. I liked it, it felt well built and it was good fun but it just didn't feel right. Plus the dealer would not budge financially. Now Mini's are `ten-a`-penny and I'm sick of the sight of them!

The Pug and Renault look and go OK but just don't have the class of the Lupo Gti. Somehow you just know they will fall to bits in within 5 years. The Civic Type R's looks have been ruined since the facelift in my opinion.

If I had the money to go out and buy something now it would be an S3 or R32. I could be tempted with the new Polo GTi when it arrives - but only if it has the 180bhp Turbo - not the 130/150bhp diesels. I'm getting `pig-sick` of these 'hot diesels'. They go very well but they should not be termed '`Hot-Hatches`'. The Mk1 Golf GTi would be turning in it's grave!