The Red Breadvan

R99

above is the best colour for these im obsessed with it...... if i wasnt in love with laser blue so much i would spray my loop that colour, yours is looking rather nice i must say

I guess some people just can't accept that the MINI brand is here to stay, oh well.

It might be worth you knowing that the new MINI brand was actually started by Rover way before they were bought out by BMW. Most of the work was completed, BMW tweaked the design (e.g removing the rear drum brakes Rover were planning etc etc)

Also the last of the Classic Mini's were made under BMW ownership, does that mean that they are not classed as Mini's either?! Of course it doesn't!!!

Are Land Rovers now not Land Rovers because they are owned by TaTa?? Give your head a wobble!!!

And as for being a breadvan it's just a nickname for them from the MINI forums :)

MINI is a brand name & they are expanding their range like any other manufacturer!!!

People need to get over the whole mini vs MINI thing. The new MINI brand has been around 12 years or so now & its here to stay!! They are made in Britain and boost the British economy!

As far labelling it as a breadvan, it's what the Clubman is known as within the MINI fan base.

Example.... the BMW Z3M Coupe is also known as a breadvan within the BMW world.

Breadvan is not a term exclusive to the VW community.... :)

Wow, strange thread. I can't see why you're all having a go at R99 just because he called the car a breadvan! Like he says, the M Coupe is know as a breadvan, it's not just a mk2 Polo.

Also there are plenty of us who have multiple threads for non lupos from before and after the "Readers Interesting Rides (Non-Lupo)" thread even existed so i don't think there's any need just to hide it away in there when it's a decent car.

I for one am a massive fan of the clubman and think this one looks awesome. I had a Cooper SD as a coutesy car last year and loved it. There's also a brown one with brown leather and an aero kit up in Newcastle which i'd have had if not for my weddingnext year! :lol:

Carry on posting R99, looking forward to seeing it on the new wheels.

Exactly, sadly it's people on here with the blinkered approach that cannot see that.

I've never heard anything more ridiculous as the term "breadvan" belonging soley to the mk2 Polo, I mean come on WTF?! Does VW have it Copyrighted?!

If people are interested, it's on ED38.

I won't be updating the thread on here anymore.

Hate mini's. Love yours. Get yourself over to dubascrub.co.uk mate. We welcome anything ;) joti & Koop I expect more from u two lol!

I don't mind Minis to be honest - I REALLY hate MGs though (ZR, ZT, etc.)!!!!!!!!!

cant believe you guys have actually made a roaring chunt(-h) of this guys thread because he used the word breadvan, i presume you hate on all the ep3 honda owners who refer to them as breadvans aswell, or converted ferrari 250gt's aswell for that matter breadvan isnt a vw thing its a name attatched to vehicles with a certain shape.

get over yourselves

• Like 1