The Red Breadvan

R99

OK - update time again, this time its BIG, the wheels are finally on!!! :)

Had to run a 3mm shim/spacer up front to clear the struts and a 5mm shim/spacer on the rear so that the bloody rota centre caps (yes, you read that right!) would go on, as they kept popping out, which was bizzare.

Anyway, Revoloution (who supplied the rims) had quoted a fixed price of £8 per wheel for the job, so they threw in the spacers FOC, which was amazing customer service as far as I'm concerned! :)

Really happy with the look now, but I think it needs more poke at the rear, so on the hunt now for some 13mm spacers (PM me if you have some!) I'm going to leave the fronts as they are for now with the 5mm shims/spacers....

Let me know what you think :)

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

Crappy pics for now, will try and get out tonight for a decent photo shoot :)

Well, now the turbo has broken :(

Its going into the dealer tommorow to be looked at, so fingers crossed its not a mega job. Under extended warranty though, thankfully!

Small update, got some of these amber LED's:

1aa815e4.jpg

They are projector LED's and also 100% error free which is great. Very bright too.

Old:

c90c1766.jpg

New:

f933fc60.jpg

How they look fitted:

1d6dffeb.jpg

Update: well, the turbo is definatley terminal!

One is on its way over from Germany as we speak, but it's looking like I won't have the car back until next week.... gutted :(

All I can say though is thank god I took out the MINI Insured Warranty for £50 per month, it's looking like a £1500 + repair depending on labour charges....

OK, so an update again...

The car came back from the dealers with a brand spanking turbo on it, it felt like a different car until today, 3 days later, when its gone AGAIN!!!! So its back at MINI now and I have this thing to roll around in...

666321c3.jpg

Also here are a couple of pics that someone else snapped of my car on a run out on Sunday:

Personal favourite:

edit36.jpg

edit24.jpg

edit35.jpg