Removing stock speakers

RobbHancock

My standard arosa speakers in the front door panels need replacing...badly! I've blown them to bits so they just crackle at any level of bass :/ sad times. Anyway...I took the door panel of to check the size and noticed they are riveted...? I've got some new speakers and the adapter ring thing on order but can someone explain how I'm supposed to get the old ones out?! I've seen people say drill it out but how? With a standard drill..? I'm new to all this stuff so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Drill only needs to be slightly bigger then the cantre hole of the rivet. Just drill 'til the outer "disc" comes away and then push the remains of the rivet through.

You'll need some of these to remount unless you are ging to rivet them back in.

11RDoOz7InL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BargainBitz-Speedclips-Spire-Clips-Panel/dp/B007OUZ34W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339367525&sr=8-1

Yes, but you will have to fix them to your inner door, using either rivets or screws. If you choose screws you will require those little plates to slip over the mounting holes to provide something for the self tappers to screw into.

You can get them from Halfords or any DIY store.

Drill only needs to be slightly bigger then the cantre hole of the rivet. Just drill 'til the outer "disc" comes away and then push the remains of the rivet through.

You'll need some of these to remount unless you are ging to rivet them back in.

11RDoOz7InL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...39367525&sr=8-1

I used Raw Plugs. haha

its holding out well