Can't get any AM stereo to work...

When I first got my arosa one of the first things I did was wire up my CD player from the old car. I was lucky in the sense that the factory plugs fitted straight into my stereo. I quickly realised I had no memory so me and a mate tried all sorts to get it to work and no matter what it wasn't working so we put everything back to standard and now the head unit will not work at all. We thought we had blown it up so for the time being I put the factory stereo/tape deck ;) in until I had the cash for a new stereo. I brought one, came home wired it in and that doesn't work either :( any ideas ? It's definitely not the stereo fuse because the factory one works fine, and the fuses in the AM head units were both fine.... I'm baffled

Cheers, rich

If they don't hold memory all you usually have to do is swap red and yellow... I assume you tried that? As for no power whatsoever I'm clueless if your sure all fuses etc are okay

Yeah that was the first thing we tried. But yeah they don't power up at all not even a flicker, I've checked the obvious fuses, the one in the stereo it's self and the radio one in the fuse box even tho that's obviously fine because the factory stereo works :(

Hey man,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. Did you install the ISO wiring harness or use the OEM plug straight into the power feed? I found using the factory VW plug made my radio very erratic. The light up front would be constantly lit, even when the ignition was off and the key removed, but the internal clock wouldn't display on the screen so you'd just see a blank screen that was illuminated. Strange I know, there were other things such as the radio wouldn't cut out when starting the car, but when the car actually started, whatever station was playing would cut out and I'd have to select that preset again even though the radio would appear to be on and tuned. Go on eBay and get yourself a PC2-69-4 (for VW Lupo, don't know about Arosa) wiring harness for about 3 quid. They are quite expensive in Halfrauds so avoid. That fixed all of my issues, regarding power at least.

Edited by Skezza