Wheels and Other Mods Help

ACWatters

Hey Hey

It's my birthday next week :cheers: so Mummy is going to spend a few quid on the car for me! Gotta love her!

So I've decided what I want at the moment is new wheels and my bumpers colour coded :)

I know how much my bumpers are and everything, but all that's left for me is wheels!

I can't make my mind up on what I want though, but I like the loom of BBS RS, Minilites or anything similar.

Price range of anything up to £600 including tyres.

Suggestions would be a lovely birthday present from all you guys!

I prefer the lower bumpers "not colour coded", but at least leave the grilles in the lower front, "black".

BBS RS, for £600 ain't gonna happen, but you should pick up a set of look-a-likes\replicas and still have change, but will you ever be happy with fake split fake RSs?

You may be able to pick up a set of RMs for that, but the price has shot up in the last couple of years and they would likely need work.

BBS RA 443 suit the Lupo, as do BBS RXII, both are very achievable within your price range and leave you with cash. There was a couple of really nice sets of RXII on CLubPolo a couple of weeks back. If they had been 6.5" I would have taken a set.

My suggestion for the wheels is don't rush it. If you can't really make your mind up, sit on the money until something turns your head.

Are you lowered? Even lowered on standard steels with wheel trims is a great improvement.

BBS RA 443:

MVC00436.JPG

BBS RXII:

DSCF0362.jpg

Thanks guys

Silver I was brief with my post because I was at work haha believe me I know I wasn't going to get RS for £600 haha I was on about lookalikes.

As for my bumpers I do plan on leaving the grill black, it's just too much colour if it's all done.

I appreciate the details and the pictures, really like the look of the RXII.

Unfortunately I'm not lowered, I know everybody says lower first but I won't be able to until I can afford coilies myself which will be in about a months time.

I'll also need help with suggestions for other mods soon as well so I apologise for all my begging in advance! I'm new to this haha.

Go for coilovers before wheels dude.

Get it low, then keep your wheel money until something pops up that takes your fancy!

There is a nice set of Borbets in the classifieds, or for £600 you should be able to get some RM's with tyres.

Thanks for the reply mate.

surely it will affect my insurance too much though? That's the only reason I'm putting lowering off haha...I can have my steelies sprayed satin black with centre caps for £60 (if you know what I'm babbling on about) haha. I'll try and find a picture.

Does it affect insurance much do you know?

get minilites, theres a red lupo on here wthit them and the stance and look is mad and there a bit different, BBS are sick no dout about it but every ones got them, just my thoughts tho might not be every one elses :thumbup:

Thing is wheels would change your insurance premium too!

£60 quid to spray some steels, jeez! Get them off the car, give them a sand down and paint them with rattle cans. £20 quid and a Saturday afternoon tops.

I certainly wouldn't be paying anyone to spray steels! :lol:

Ministig I'm as lazy and useless as anything!!! That was only a generic steelie job price, mine

Would be roughly £40 upon asking again today.

Oh I don't know what I'm going to do! I'm such a new guy at this!! I'll ask my insurance about the price increase and see if it's fees able. Then I'll decide what I do from there. Thanks guys.

BTW still love the look of those RXII's, pretty decided on them, but I know the minilites look good as well!!

if your going rxII's hold out for the 16's they look much better, fairly rare in 4x100 but the 5x100 are more readily available but will require adaptors, which wouldnt be too bad as the offsets are fairly high to begin with.

Sounds like a plan! I like the sound of 16s thanks for the info mate

Mate I'm useless! It's not my £40 anyway haha. I'd rather pay £140 than attempt it myself and guarantee to balls it up haha!

Sounds like a plan! I like the sound of 16s thanks for the info mate

Mate I'm useless! It's not my £40 anyway haha. I'd rather pay £140 than attempt it myself and guarantee to balls it up haha!

Haha fair enough! :P

I'm a certified idiot & I managed to paint my steels :lol: Only way to know how your insurance will be affected is to ring them. Some companies e.g. Churchill won't charge a penny more for non standard alloys, and some won't insure lowered cars at all. Best find out what the crack is before you do anything drastic.