Air con not working

C-DuBz

Now the weather is nice and hot I thought I'd make use of my air conditioning, but it doesn't work.

I thought it might just need some gas, so carried out a air con service. The system wasn't low on gas at all, only about 10 grams short of the recommended 550 grams. I regassed the system with no problems and no leaks.

After doing this the air con still doesn't work, the compressor cuts in when the button is switched on so that side of things is all ok. I did notice the cooling fan doesn't come on to cool the gas in the condenser though.

I know there is some kind of pressure switch on the system, wondering if it could be this that's faulty.

Has anybody had this fault on their GTI's

Please help if you can Chris,

• 3 weeks later...

+1 on this problem. I'gve noticed the exact same thing. Although my air con stopped working the day i had my alternator replaced. I noticed that the wiring from the alternator also gives power to the air con compressor. My compressor kicks in as normal, but the fan has now stopped working. I'm guessing the garage may have accidentally caught a wire or fused something, but i cant see what. My low side pressure is 150psi, so something is very wrong. Did you manage to get the fan working again on yours?

• 2 years later...

Hi! Did any of you ever solve this problem? I have the same problem. System has been pressuresed and refilled and there are no leaks. Compressor kicks in but still no cold air. I'm not sure about the cooling fan though, how can I test that? Any help would be appreciated!