Window Regulator Motor - Not working?

Hi all,

Bought a new regulator + motor for the misses car the other day, so we fitted that, and works a charm now.

I thought I'd be adventerous and opening up the old regulator and found an interesting discovery!

Inside the motor is a massive cog, which when the motor spins it turns the cog around.

On two sides of the cog, the pointy bits were flat, which means the motor spinning cannot connect correctly into the cog and slips out, which is why I think if you try to open the window and it just clicks it's the motor trying to move around but can't due to the motor not connecting correctly to the cog.

The part number is 3b6 60006 02, unfortunately VW don't sel it on it's own boo!

So I was wondering if dremmeling it out would work.

I'm at work now, when I'm home I'll upload the high quality photos of the part in question and hopefully you should be able to see what I'm talking about.

If dremmling it out resolves it, hopefully will save people many £'s!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but does replacement of just the worn cog fix the window problems?

Looking to fix the O/S window in the wife's Arosa. Window used to work with an occasional fault whereby the window would wind down half way up after pressing the one touch button to close.

Now it doesn't do anything, switch is fine and I can hear clicking inside the door.

I've been looking at replacement regulators and the repair kits on ebay, but curious to know if this is a possbile fix too?

Edited by jpsh120

Well i'm sure someone told me from Germany (saw my pdf) and said about that big cog, opening and closibg only uses 50% of the cog and if youve got flat cogs on one side, then take the cog out and put back in so it uses the good cog side

Never tested it though

Well i'm sure someone told me from Germany (saw my pdf) and said about that big cog, opening and closibg only uses 50% of the cog and if youve got flat cogs on one side, then take the cog out and put back in so it uses the good cog side

Never tested it though

Makes sense to me.

• 2 years later...