ERROR CODES?!?!

hey guys,

probably quite a common fault and have had it vagcom'd, just wanna see what your idea of how to solve it is.

the three codes i got yesterday when i had it vagcom'd by my friend lupopo were

17953, 17963 +17912

i had it vagcom'd as my car keep randomly cutting out and then being in like a limp mode state as the car will just feel real... limp - any idea what could this be?

i believe its the throttle body fault, a manifold pressure signal or something + and air intake system bypass leak - any idea on what this means and how i can sort these?

Gonna attempt to clean the throttle body tomorrow to see if its clogged up with crap!

thanks

brad.

thanks, that website showed about the throttle body and checking that but not the others :(

As you said, clean the TB, that should sort the first one.

The second fault refers to boost pressure, are you sure you got the number right? Unless its referring to crankcase pressure/MAP sensor readings, not sure though.

The third relates to an air leak in the intake manifold setup somewhere, this may cure itself once you have cleaned the TB. If not squirt carb cleaner at random places until you hear the engine not change - thats where your air leak is.

Cleaning the EGR valve wouldnt hurt either!

Edited by Defcon5

ok, i'll give those a go tomorrow, so when i put them back on will i need to vagcom again or will it be alright? :P