LUPO 1L. GTI LOOK-A-LIKE

jjgkicker

Hello, I'm a new member to CL and I'm 16. Basically, I've been looking to get a 1.0L. Lupo for my first car and I will be going into the dub scene of course!;) In doing so, I'd like to get a GTI "kit" on it. Such as grill, front bumper, rear bumper, spoiler and side skirts basically. Also i'd like to get a bonnet which covers a bit of the light. But is this actually possible? I'll be looking to buy a lupo 1L. in black from the reg 2000-2005. Also if this is possible could you fellow Lupo'ers send me links where I can get the GTI stuff from other than GTI's breaking on ebay.

Cheers,

Jack

It hangs lower.

The gti kit doesn't just bolt on, don't be fooled. The arches are wider and the front is a completely different setup. The reiger one posted above is what you would be looking at as the closest alternative.

Have you thought about insurance, companies have a field day on premiums for 17yr old lads on any car, then with modifications they pretty much laugh in your face.

Just a heads up! :)

Edit: best advice would be to leave it looking as a 1l, and search the forum for exactly your answer, because the gti kit on a 1l is asked regularly.:lol:

Edited by ministig

why build a 1.0 to look like A gti? Your just going to get laughed at when they find out that instead of 125BHP its actually pushing out 50.

for the money you would spend on a body kit, Getting it Painted and then Fitted, Center Exhaust ETC you may aswell buy and insure a 1.4s or sport as it will end up costing the same, And you will have a much Quicker car.

You may think it looks a bit guff, but in a year or two You will realize that maybe a body kit is not such a good idea!

and your car will Be much Quicker than a 1.0 would be

Also, these body kits and stuff are not very highly sought after and well, Good luck selling a 1.0 with a Body kit for anywhere near as much as you paid or put into it!

Obviously its your car and do what you want, this is Just what i think from my point of view

Good luck either way.

PS, im 19 and some fiends still use a bit of banter on me about my car, (Standard and lowered) i would be getting ALOT more if i had a body kit

(They all love the Loop really :) )

dont waste your money turning yur car into something its never gonna be, you could spend all in getting your 1 litre to look like a gti, the same cash as buying a gti, whats the point? and dont say insurance, because once youve told your insurance, all the mods youve carried out itll put it through the roof , buy a 1litre leave it looking like and save your money for a better/quicker car.

Plus throughout the whole time you would own it i would ridicule you, that alone should be off putting enough for you to reconsider

It hangs lower.

The gti kit doesn't just bolt on, don't be fooled. The arches are wider and the front is a completely different setup. The reiger one posted above is what you would be looking at as the closest alternative.

Have you thought about insurance, companies have a field day on premiums for 17yr old lads on any car, then with modifications they pretty much laugh in your face.

Just a heads up! :)

Edit: best advice would be to leave it looking as a 1l, and search the forum for exactly your answer, because the gti kit on a 1l is asked regularly. :lol:

why build a 1.0 to look like A gti? Your just going to get laughed at when they find out that instead of 125BHP its actually pushing out 50.

for the money you would spend on a body kit, Getting it Painted and then Fitted, Center Exhaust ETC you may aswell buy and insure a 1.4s or sport as it will end up costing the same, And you will have a much Quicker car.

You may think it looks a bit guff, but in a year or two You will realize that maybe a body kit is not such a good idea!

and your car will Be much Quicker than a 1.0 would be

Also, these body kits and stuff are not very highly sought after and well, Good luck selling a 1.0 with a Body kit for anywhere near as much as you paid or put into it!

Obviously its your car and do what you want, this is Just what i think from my point of view

Good luck either way.

PS, im 19 and some fiends still use a bit of banter on me about my car, (Standard and lowered) i would be getting ALOT more if i had a body kit

(They all love the Loop really :) )

dont waste your money turning yur car into something its never gonna be, you could spend all in getting your 1 litre to look like a gti, the same cash as buying a gti, whats the point? and dont say insurance, because once youve told your insurance, all the mods youve carried out itll put it through the roof , buy a 1litre leave it looking like and save your money for a better/quicker car.

Plus throughout the whole time you would own it i would ridicule you, that alone should be off putting enough for you to reconsider

your insurance is going to be sky high like the others said get a 1.4 i made a kind mistake by starting of with a 1.0 i love it but you cant do nout to it

thanks all, I think I'll look into the 1.4 sport.. Hopefully I'll be uploading a new thread with my own lupo on! Thanks again.