Lowering springs

AdamGill

Someone please suggest me some lowering springs want to drop about 60-80mm I think or if anyone has dropped there's about 40-60mm please show me some pictures as most springs I've seen are around 40mm

Than you :)

with lowering springs you'll be looking at 40mm lowering otherwise you'll be blowing shocks on a regular basis. if you want 80mm that's coilover territory

ive recently got new shocks just standard ones i just dont see point in putting em to waste so was gunna run them n springs in winter then when i could afford coilover use them summer. what does 40mm look like

I got a 60/40 set on my car. its...not very comfy, and theres alot of bump steer! but for £40 it looks much better and the lower center of gravity kinda helps.

Yeah, its not permanent just popped up at the right time and i thought, yeah why not.

getting coilovers soon..

64cee541.jpg

there we go :)

the back has settled down a bit now, and the fonts not tucking anything like the photo suggests, its just the angle

Edited by James827

What springs are they James? Progressively wound springs should be more comfortable e.g. FK, Eibach, Spax

OOOp, sorry for lack of replys

Would you recommend doing this till I afford coilovers ? Or even just in the winter

If you buy them and can fit them, for less than £50 Go for it :) no point putting more in if your getting coils

What springs are they James? Progressively wound springs should be more comfortable e.g. FK, Eibach, Spax

some Cheap ebay ones i bought second hand (Lo somthing) aha yes better quality springs i imagine would be more comfy :) there are just temporary until i get that £200 together..

Oh and koop, i tried on some 15" today with balloons, and on the back it looked to sit just right. i imagine those 16" would look good too! any lower on the back and from what i discovered today you could need arch work if you want passengers

This seems an excellent time to plug the FK 40mm springs I probably won't get round to fitting before i get coilovers ;):lol:

Careful now.

with lowering springs you'll be looking at 40mm lowering otherwise you'll be blowing shocks on a regular basis.