Anyone play guitar?

JoeA

Been playing for about 10 years now, been in a couple of bands for a bit.

My gear, Ibanes RG370dx, Marshall Mg30dfx and a Zoom 505 2.

20us751.jpg

If you're really bored, vid of me playing, few more on my channel aswell. Be warned, might of been playing for a long time, I'm nothing amazing.

I been playing bass for about 5 years and guitar for about 3 years.

i have 4 guitars/basses.

Squire Fat Strat - Underrated, the jack of all guitars. + Really cheap and sounds pretty cool.

Squire Jazz Bass - Reliable, Never had ANY problems with this guitar in 4 years. i have a rarer colour too which is cool :)

and i have 2 custom guitars built from old guitar parts, Not very versatile but they sound pretty good for what they owe me.

i use Ashdown amps. i used a Marshall once and it broke. the build qualitly on these amps is A+

i had a Bugera once and its just felt cheap and nasty and hummed like a bee!

i also have a few pedals, Boss DS1, EHX small clone, Pro co RAT, misc equalizer And a big MUFF pi.

im a bit of a grunge guy, Sound garden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc this set up works for me :) i used to post videos on youtube but i haven't done that for some time..

might take some Pics later..

hi, been playing now for about 35 years,know a lot of the older famous people. ive got a fender precision fretless, an aria sb 2000 and an epiphone black beauty (which i bought for my daughter) hh vs bassamps and carlsbro cabs. ive also got a great line 6 box for my computer which makes me sound like anyone using any amp. bad news is these days dont play so much because of arthritis and i cant be arsed to carry my gear up club staircases anymore, that sound ok? geoff (sophies da)

ive been playing for about 7 years, though over the last 3 years all my devotion has moved from guitar to drums and ive really not given any of my gutiars enough attention.

much different to all your guys, im a fender fan boy :yes:

i play a mexican tobacco sunburst telecaster. maple neck. through a pretty poor fender transistor amp. cant even remember the name, its okay, but nothing special. i just find myself picking up my acoustic for little 5 minute blasts these days.

ive been playing bass for around 4 years now playing my beloved fender aerodyne jazz which is possibly the nicest thing ive ever played.

i also play a bit of guitar playing a crap vintage acoustic which i brought for £30 from a friend who sold it me because of fret buzz,

even though it was me who dropped it which started the fretbuzz ;) if i had the dollar though i would buy a ebony firebird.

Ive been playing for about 2-3 months now, and im **** cant even string a song together :tongueout:

I bought my self a Squier Strat which had been rewired + had the pots changed to USA Strat standard, and had a fender backing plate and string adjuster thingys :), sounds awesome when someone that can play, plays it.

Use a fender bedroom amp with a set of head phones.

If anyones got any tips holla :thumbup:

2fb6af3e.jpg

Tips? Practice, practice and more practice.

The only way to get better at an instrument is to play it.

I found trying learn stuff that you know is above your skill level to be really helpful. It forces you to get better.

He's right yano :P practice!

Pick a solo from a track, and just run through the tab, eventually you'll speed it up an in time you'll be able to play along to the original one :)

take a tip from an old hand, when i was younger i used to go into the next room to pick up the bass tracks - these days there's a piece of electronics from line 6 (its not cheap but sometimes you can get them from ebay) it slows the tracks down without losing pitch or anything so you can get what you want, then get up to speed. hows that geoff

I have one of these :) (this is not my photo)

l.jpg

Steinberger GU-7R

Upgraded with Seymour duncan JB, Hot Rails and Jazz pickups with a CRL switch. Plays like a beaut!

That plugs into a laney vc-15 :)

Also got a classical, an acoustic and a strat copy. A squire Jazz bass and a steinberger xt25:

71789_l.jpg

love that 5 string, no machine heads to bash off anything, but have you a problem with machine heads?, your 6 string aint got them either. hahahahaha. geoff

I love steinbergers! They stay in tune for months, take 30 seconds to change a string and have it tuned back up and play like a dream. Not to mention the r trem on the yellow one being perfect!

• 3 months later...