When is new classifed section completed?

Lupolight

I have seen the new calssifed section under development and read the rules for selling , but most of the parts listings break the rules, is this as it is still a work in progress? Would be interested in making use of it when it's ready and stable. Can't see a schedule for completetion anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

It is generally moderated. Just that the names on images thing has been a bit awry.

If you see something which is obviously dodgy or "off", use the report function. which I have just tested and is working.

And may I ask why you are so interested? 4 posts all querying the new "Classifieds", nothing else on the entire forum.

:question: :question: :question:

I'm interested primarily in the correct operation of the classifieds as I have a purpose to use it as defined in the options available to registered members. When or if I become interested in other aspects of the forum I may wish to post there. Or I might not.

I hope that goes some way to answering your question. If there is anything more specific you would like to know you can message me via PM.

It's good to hear the report button is now working. It was, as mentioned before faulty.

Edit:

Actually the report function is still broken:

"You do not have permission to report the item you are attempting to report. "

And the moderation still seems short with many images not containing usernames.

If there is a reason for this as it's still under development that is fine, I'm in no hurry, I asked the original question knowing it was newly formed and suggested some updates on it's progress and when it might be ready to use fully complete (with member compliance and report functions).

Edited by Lupolight

The Username in images was put there to discourage scammers trying to use the forum to sell what they didn't have and stealing your money.

Are you looking mainly to sell or buy?

I for one check the classiifieds on a daily basis, when not on holiday, to check for unusual or dodgy looking ads and tidy up the outdated\completed adverts.

I'm sure the opther mod's and admin are in there regularly also.

It's a forum and stated we have no resposibility over what is sold, we are just the medium for advertising. If you don't like what you see, maybe you should steer clear altogether.

Best advice is to do all the groundwork and make sure you are happy with the seller and the item and pay by PayPal (not gift), even better cash on collection.

At the end of the day, it may just be easier to remove the requirement for "Names" in images. In fact I have currently removed the requirement.

I have reported the "Report" function not working to MattyB.

I feel "we" may have been here before.